Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
sam_m
Message 1 of 5 (465 Views)

link/merge old forum accounts?

465 Views, 4 Replies
12-13-2012 01:32 AM

Hi,

when we changed from the old forum (with NNTP) to this one and Lithium, I was unable to use my old username (probably due to the space), but all the old posts are still on the system.  Is there any way to change the old posts to this username?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=sam+m

I think those 4 x "Sam M" are all my old logins (presumably different accounts due to posting via different means - eg Opera, NNTP, IE, etc).

Cheers, Sam

----------
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
but please understand that the solution may not be the answer you're wanting to hear...

If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love :smileyvery-happy:

Lithium - helping nntp users with mania, depression and headaches
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 5 (458 Views)

Re: link/merge old forum accounts?

12-13-2012 04:56 AM in reply to: sam_m

That has been asked and is being looked into by certain who-shall-remain-nameless:smileyhappy: individuals who run this place.

I've got 183 under cshade myself.

(And if you really want to see something look up Dean Saadallah and variations. The man doesn't sleep!)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 5 (452 Views)

12-13-2012 05:14 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Power Naps my friend, power naps.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 5 (445 Views)

12-13-2012 06:07 AM in reply to: pendean

You know I'm making fun about not sleeping but then think about the other stuff you pull out like the tip from Cadalyst the other day and figure you must not eat either to keep up with the reading/research as well.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Mentor
KateMorrical
Message 5 of 5 (436 Views)

12-13-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: sam_m

Tell me about it...I've got 1500+ from the NNTP days...but am "officially" barely out of single digits. :-) Maybe someday we'll be able to link them back -- in the meantime, just keep posting...

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager
Washington, DC
BIMmuse.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community