Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 1 of 3 (307 Views)
Accepted Solution

What version of Revit?

307 Views, 2 Replies
04-10-2012 12:38 PM

I wouldn't know how to implement something like this here,

but "STATE THE VERSION OF REVIT IF NOT 2013".

Other Revit forums have made this a top priority before

posting a question. It's a waste of time to describe a

process that does not apply to an older version of Revit

they are using.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)

Re: What version of Revit?

04-10-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: vector2

Upon starting a new post, it should be required to state the product info before posting. A list of versions should be displayed based upon the forum in which the message will be posted. The image below vaguely depicts what it would look like in the Revit MEP forum. This method is easier than a pull-down (one click verses two).

The selection should NOT have a default and force the poster to choose even if it is the latest version. This will make him at least glance at the product version and bring it to mind (hopefully). Even in very specific forums that would only display one option, this would force the poster to verify that it is correct.

In this forum (Autodesk Discussion Groups Feedback) this would be a list of products (i.e. AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit Architecture) that contain a link to the CORRECT forum for their question.

VersionSelection.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 3 of 3 (279 Views)

Re: What version of Revit?

04-11-2012 02:56 AM in reply to: vector2

Maybe Autodesk wouldn't want to bring attention to the

use of older versions of Revit. Not because of marketing,

but because of the nature of this whole BIM/Revit operation.

I have no ideas for a solution at this point.

Edit:  As for these "Accept as Solution" buttons, there are 

negatives there to be sure, but I have no conclusion

on that either.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community