Community Feedback

Community Feedback

Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 41 of 64 (750 Views)

Re: What's up with the Orange Name Labels

03-09-2012 06:54 AM in reply to: pendean

Ah, no! I don't want to see this forum become too busy (in regards to color and graphic) either. I would like to see some of the tools and buttons a little bit easier to find though.

Actually, I created a new thread and I could use some help. I'm trying to work on user engagement and some feedback from the user perspective would be incredibly welcome. So, if you could, please head on over to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Discussion-Groups/User-Engagement-Ideas/td-p/3365049 and just chuck some ideas at me. Feedback from anyone at all would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 42 of 64 (721 Views)

03-20-2012 05:18 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

JIllian, be careful in not using just the number of posts for your rankings. The number of solutions is a much better indicator.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 43 of 64 (715 Views)

03-20-2012 07:11 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

...but only if the OP takes the time to mark the Solution as Accepted...

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 44 of 64 (715 Views)

03-20-2012 07:24 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Every user behaves very differently, and there are many who don't and then those who mark their own "Thanks" reply as the solution. Then there are those who Kudo once in a blue moon, and those who Kudo EVERY post. This is known and has already been stated, but this makes a broad, mathematical system virtually impossible without enforcing or heavily promoting consistency.

For instance, each topic could have a "Nudge, Nudge" button that would anonymously message the OP that he didn't appropriately mark an obvious solution. And to keep people from being too pushy about this, there is a limit per topic, each user can do it once per topic and not to a topic in which they have contributed.

Applying a limit to the number of Kudos a user could distribute over a period of time, based on "Rank" may help regulate things too.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 45 of 64 (709 Views)

03-20-2012 07:48 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles_Shade wrote:

...but only if the OP takes the time to mark the Solution as Accepted...

That is true. I have seen many posts with true solutions that remain not marked, though.

In that case, the moderators should do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 46 of 64 (717 Views)

03-20-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Good idea - kudo pool.  Might also be an idea to give higher-ranked posters (once the system is a little more stabilized) to mark any post as an answer, rather than always limiting it to the OP.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 47 of 64 (712 Views)

03-20-2012 08:00 AM in reply to: dgorsman

I've found Kudos to be a way to complement the poster for a good answer since only the OP can mark the solution.

Sometimes the Kudos may not be for a correct answer but an insightful response to the thread; an tangent if you will.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Alumni
brian.kling
Message 48 of 64 (696 Views)

03-21-2012 07:46 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Good point Alfredo, and thanks from everyone else for comments and feedback too!  Our moderators are not product experts, but moderate for language and SN postings, etc.

Since we cannot provide knowledgeable experts from our side in every forum, all day to determine:

1. When an Accepted Solution is marked on the wrong Reply, or
  2. When an Accepted Solution has been posted but not marked as such

What would you guys think of having the ability to do this, as you are in there a lot too.  We would need to limit this permission to those who have deeper knowledge of the products, higher levels in the ranking system.  You guys are the real experts, using our products "in the trenches" and in more different ways than developers can begin to anticipate!

Brian Kling
Community Strategist
Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 49 of 64 (687 Views)

03-21-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: brian.kling

I don't know about the other forums, but at least, in the Revit Architecture forum, you do have plenty of Autodesk expert personnel participating in that forum. At least, they should have the permission to mark a post as a Solution if the OP does not do it. For other forums, yes, I agree that it would be a good idea to enable the users who have more experience on the subject, to do that task.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 50 of 64 (682 Views)

03-21-2012 09:36 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Or at the very least have an opportunity to question it once or thrice with several participants and correct the teminology as needed to be included in Autodesk Exchange.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.