Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)

Threads with new replies

374 Views, 3 Replies
06-11-2010 06:43 AM

How do you display a screen that shows you only subscribed threads with new replies?

For example, say I'm here at 7AM and reply to 4 threads.

In between then and Noon, other replies are made to 2 of those threads.

If I check back at Noon, I would like to go to some screen where I can see those 2 threads only.

In vBulletin, this is called New Subscribed Threads

Employee
wrighte
Message 2 of 4 (363 Views)

Re: Threads with new replies

06-11-2010 08:31 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

There isn't a specific screen to show only subscribed threads with replies.  The bookmark and Subscriptions pages under My Settings do indicate number of new messages, and provide link to the latest reply (click on the new #).

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

Distinguished Contributor
ACADuser
Message 3 of 4 (360 Views)

06-11-2010 08:53 AM in reply to: wrighte

Eric,

Is there some way you can flag those new threads within the topic so they stand out visually ?

ACADuser
Dell Precision T5500 Workstation
Windows XP Professional SP3
Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon Processors E5540 2.53GHz,8M L3,5.8GT/s,turbo
4GB, DDR3 Memory, 1066MHz, ECC (4 DIMMS)
1.5GB NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800, DUAL MON, 2DP & 1DVI
160GB, 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Data Burst Cache,SATA2,10K RPM Hard Drive
16XDVD AND 16XDVD+/-RW
*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 4 of 4 (353 Views)

06-11-2010 09:58 AM in reply to: wrighte

wrighte wrote:

There isn't a specific screen to show only subscribed threads with replies.  The bookmark and Subscriptions pages under My Settings do indicate number of new messages, and provide link to the latest reply (click on the new #).

Ok, I see the "My Subscriptions" panel on the front page, and I see that if you click "View All", it takes you to the "subscriptions and bookmarks" portion of My Settings.

But both of these are sorted by date starting with the oldest! Can this be reversed? I'm more interested in recent threads, not the first thread I ever posted in. It's not a big deal now, but as time goes on - there is less and less reason to see subscribed threads at the TOP of the list (the oldest ones)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community