Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 1 of 5 (178 Views)

Things I like about the new website design.

178 Views, 4 Replies
11-18-2013 08:20 AM
  1. I like the "Message listing" link being at the top and the bottom of the page within a thread.
  2. I like the green highlight on the solution.
  3. I like the blue background on 'pinned' topics (better than the old grey).

There are many things I don't like, but most have been mentioned by others.  I just thought I'd give a little positive feedback in the midst of it all; but in reality it seems like the whole redesign was a bit of overkill for the improvements that have been achieved.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Valued Mentor
steven-g
Message 2 of 5 (170 Views)

Re: Things I like about the new website design.

11-18-2013 08:47 AM in reply to: troma

To be fair it isn't all bad news, there are problems which make it slightly difficult to properly appraise the new format, but I am left with the overall impression that the site looks and feels better (or at least that it will), it could maybe have done with a while longer in the testing phase.

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)

11-18-2013 09:32 AM in reply to: troma

Thanks for making this thread, troma.  I've posted a lot about bugs/deficiencies, but haven't given much positive feedback.

1) I like the feature groups for  SOLVED, UNSOLVED, COMMON ISSUES, SUBSCRIPTIONS etc (the current names/descripitons are another matter however)

2) I like the blue hyperlink text better than the green on the old site.

3) I like that column width within Forums/subforums has been standardized.

I think the new site has the potential to be better than the old site... (but it's certainly not there yet.)

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 4 of 5 (148 Views)

11-18-2013 09:53 AM in reply to: nestly2
The font size for numbered & bulleted lists and for the Quick Reply feature have all been fixed too. (But bullets still don't show up.)

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 5 of 5 (133 Views)

11-18-2013 10:45 AM in reply to: troma
Even better, the "Message listing" link takes you back to the page where the topic is listed, not to the first page of the board. That is an improvement!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community