*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 1 of 7 (297 Views)
Accepted Solution

Support subdomain no longer working

297 Views, 6 Replies
04-02-2012 08:16 AM

Autodesk,

I don't know where else to post this at the moment, but it has been somewhat of an inconvenience of late.  The subdomain http://support.autodesk.com is no longer redirecting to the Autodesk support website.  There are a lot of links and posts that contain this that are no longer working as a result.  It would be nice if Autodesk returned the functionality of this domain name.

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 7 (285 Views)

Re: Support subdomain no longer working

04-02-2012 10:14 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Media Request got interesting as well:

Autodesk Media Request:
http://autodeskdocandmedia.com/

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 3 of 7 (267 Views)

04-03-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Ah wonderful. I knew we had changed around the content of the Subscription page, but was unaware we removed the former link. Let me get that to someone's attention who can hopefully help out.

If you find anymore dead/confusing links, feel free to post them here. A few hundred thousand eyes is way better than just mine. :smileylol:

Thank you!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 7 (264 Views)

04-03-2012 06:58 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Which would beg the question:

When we update our Signature line that will update all posts that the signature line has been used in.

Does the same happen if we update a Macro that we have used that may have a dead link in it?

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 7 (253 Views)

04-03-2012 08:18 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles_Shade wrote:

Which would beg the question:

When we update our Signature line that will update all posts that the signature line has been used in.

Does the same happen if we update a Macro that we have used that may have a dead link in it?

No Charles the macros do not update.

A best practice recommendation would be to make sure and subscribe (E-mail notifications) to all of your personal posts and replies that way you will know when someone replies that they could not follow a link should one change in the future.

There is a way to set this up automatically in My Settings.

I would also recommend posting the link here as Jillian stated to see if it something can be done.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 7 (245 Views)

04-03-2012 09:43 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Thanks for the follow up.

That is what I expected and I've not found any "dead" links as Travis is showing but will post if I do.

Administrator
wrighte
Message 7 of 7 (206 Views)

04-09-2012 03:23 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Required a bit of a walk down memory lane, but we have now reconfigured the DNS for support.autodesk.com to redirect to www.autodesk.com/support.

support.autodesk.com was a subdomain created almost 10 years ago when internally we had a separate support web site.  After that site was integrated into www.autodesk.com about 8 years ago, that domain was no longer actively used internally.  At some point, the redirect was removed.

Ongoing, I would recommend NOT using support.autodesk.com,  but rather www.autodesk.com/support, or the direct URLs of specific support pages in usa.autodesk.com.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community