Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 1 of 52 (1,577 Views)

Social network buttons

1577 Views, 51 Replies
11-02-2012 06:20 AM

Social network buttons in these forums?!  Ouch.... I thought a forum was already a kind of social network.

At least, make the buttons more discrete, please... my eyes hurt. :smileysad:

I have seen them all in gray in other places, and small, and they get color only when you hover the mouse over them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 52 (1,568 Views)

Re: Social network buttons

11-02-2012 06:40 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

A nice compromise I should think.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 3 of 52 (1,564 Views)

11-02-2012 06:46 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Shouldn't they be located in you profile page? Or at least off to the side under your user name? Scanning though a thread will many single line posts is a little obnoxious at the moment...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 52 (1,561 Views)

11-02-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

In another forum, there was a poll to find out how many of the users of the forum were willing to use those buttons for social networks, and the result was very, very low. Have you asked this kind of survey here before implementing these buttons?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 5 of 52 (1,546 Views)

11-02-2012 07:29 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

And by the way - I think the addition of more buttons and icons littered across the screen is going to DECREASE the likelihood that new users will find and click on Kudos or Accept Solution.

Simple is better! Less is more! I like these forums because the are organized and clear, and that virtue is slowly ebbing away in my opinion. Of course, that's not everyone's opinion, but there are many who think that way too, so (as with the avatars) I hope there will be an option to hide these.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 52 (1,542 Views)

11-02-2012 07:34 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Under the Forum name would be better as well.

Maybe us "orangies" are just sticks in the mud and all the rest are looking for this interoperability?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 7 of 52 (1,537 Views)

11-02-2012 07:37 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

CADastrophe wrote:

And by the way - I think the addition of more buttons and icons littered across the screen is going to DECREASE the likelihood that new users will find and click on Kudos or Accept Solution.

That's exactly the effect that those buttons were causing in that other forum. At the end, the lesson learned was that any changes to the interface should appear only as a result of a need that has been proved certain by a previous survey or poll among the users, not appear all of a sudden without this previous consultation with the community.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 8 of 52 (1,527 Views)

11-02-2012 08:07 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I absolutely hate... HATE... the new additions to the end of all of my posts.  I've enjoyed many of the changes up until now, but this one is ridiculous and pollutes the look and feel of the forum.  I made recommendations a long time ago to keep this kind of flashy non-business stuff out of the forum.  Do we really need to promote the social networking with flashy graphics on EVERY SINGLE POST?  Distracting... 

If Autodesk wants them there, can't they be placed under the Options pull down, or perhaps maybe in the title header?  Placing them under all of our signature lines goes a bit too far.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Alexander.Rivilis
Message 9 of 52 (1,516 Views)

11-02-2012 08:20 AM in reply to: TravisNave

TravisNave wrote:

If Autodesk wants them there, can't they be placed under the Options pull down, or perhaps maybe in the title header?  Placing them under all of our signature lines goes a bit too far.

Totally agree!

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Alumni
brian.kling
Message 10 of 52 (1,510 Views)

11-02-2012 08:25 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hey guys, we hear ya loud and clear!  I love it that you all have opinions and a sense of ownership in this community,

The hard part is always there there is just a smalll group here that posts - you are of course very important to the community, but are representative of only a part of it.  We do have data from our forum survey that shows members do use social media, which is why we wanted to offer some social channels to help spread good answers and ideas.  In addition, we'll measure on the back end if it's being used - if we find no, then certainly we'll pull it.

For now we do want to include social sharing, but we'll review your suggestions and toning it down a bit.  And we'll give you some heads up next time ;-)

Thanks as always,

Brian

Brian Kling
Community Strategist
Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community