Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 11 of 52 (1,472 Views)

Re: Social network buttons

11-02-2012 08:28 AM in reply to: brian.kling

What was the question in the survey?

Do you use any social media networks such as Facebook, Linked-In, etc?

OR

Would you like to see buttons for social networks in each post in the Autodesk forums?

I would have replied Yes to the first question, since I use Linked-In.

BUT

I would have replied No to the other question.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 12 of 52 (1,455 Views)

11-02-2012 01:33 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Brian King

Franbkly speaking, appending 'social ' crud as part of my posts is highly offensive.  There's a clear impression enhanced by the location of the buttons (following any sig line(s) that I've personally approved or endorsed them.  That is  very much a falshood.

Kill em all with fire please, or at the very least make their inclusion at the sole discretion of the poster.  Otherwise my sig will have to being to include copyright statements forbidding reposting, twittering, facebooking, etc etc etc.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 13 of 52 (1,454 Views)

11-02-2012 01:35 PM in reply to: JGerth

JGerth wrote:

Brian King

Franbkly speaking, appending 'social ' crud as part of my posts is highly offensive.  There's a clear impression enhanced by the location of the buttons (following any sig line(s) that I've personally approved or endorsed them.  That is  very much a falshood.

Kill em all with fire please, or at the very least make their inclusion at the sole discretion of the poster.  Otherwise my sig will have to being to include copyright statements forbidding reposting, twittering, facebooking, etc etc etc.

Well said!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Valued Mentor
KerryBrown
Message 14 of 52 (1,429 Views)

11-03-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: TravisNave

TravisNave wrote:

JGerth wrote:

Brian King

Well said!

I concur !

//-------------------------------------------------------

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 15 of 52 (1,417 Views)

11-03-2012 10:36 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I notice that if we hover the mouse over the "+ BOOKMARK " sign and logo, we can see a panel with all the different social media networks. So, having the Facebook, Twitter, Google, Linkedin, and Email logos on the left is redundant since those options are also included in the panel. So... we could also get rid of the BOOKMARK sign as well, and reduce the whole thing to the "+" logo that could open the panel, maybe with a discrete "Share" with the same green that we use for links, to indicate what the button is for. Notice the difference in visual clutter, here, before and after:

social media.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 16 of 52 (1,412 Views)

11-03-2012 12:21 PM in reply to: brian.kling

Hi,

First: I also don't like these buttons, especially this popup staying much to long on the screen

>> reduce the whole thing to the "+" logo

...or let us set this as option within our profiles. 

Create an option in the Account-Information where every user can enable or disable the buttons for all or for every single item of the social-network-links. You may enable all buttons by default ... as long as you let us disable what we don't use and/or don't want to have on the screen.

Just my 2c, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 17 of 52 (1,332 Views)

11-06-2012 05:42 AM in reply to: brian.kling

I like the addition of these buttons (about frikkin' time), but not their location (only because they may get missed): any chance these can sit next to the OPTIONS pulldown in the message header?

Or next to/under the Kudos/Reply buttons.

They do tend to blend into everyone's signatures otherwise as they stand now.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 18 of 52 (1,321 Views)

11-06-2012 07:03 AM in reply to: pendean

Isn't this a nice compromise:

ScreenShot.jpg

And that is on an Autodesk page.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 19 of 52 (1,305 Views)

11-06-2012 12:09 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

No one notices that, and it's not user friendly it's just "understated" to discourage use: the new buttons are more typical and common on most websites.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 20 of 52 (1,293 Views)

11-06-2012 01:29 PM in reply to: pendean

Like that slide that follows me on webpages now over in the left margin.

Bugs me a bit to have that wandering around.

(Yes it's on my website - The "guy" said I had to have it. :smileytongue:)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community