Community Feedback

Valued Contributor
jmurphy
Message 1 of 10 (1,159 Views)

SUGGESTION Requests

1159 Views, 9 Replies
06-04-2010 07:46 PM

Can you redesign the top title,menu or whatever its called. First the color of gray on black is hard to see, second the standard links "Industries, Products, Purchase, Service & Support, and Communities pop up too fast and cover up the links back to the discussion groups.

See attached.

Murph
http://Map3d.wordpress.com
Employee
wrighte
Message 2 of 10 (1,145 Views)

Re: SUGGESTION Requests

06-04-2010 08:14 PM in reply to: jmurphy

Appreciate the feedback. Glad to see you trying out the web interface.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 3 of 10 (1,142 Views)

06-04-2010 08:28 PM in reply to: wrighte

I'd like to second this request Eric. In the 30 minutes I've been checking things out, I've accidentally gone elsewhere in Autodesk-land due to the links above the Group links.

Some updates need to be made to the forum guidelines. One being the 1 attachment per post....I see murph has 2 in his post above. The other I'm hoping is incorrect, that being the 1.5mb size limit. Has this been increased? If not, can it please be increased? A typical C3D drawing is larger than this minimum, I've even seen DWT's that approach this size. Trying to help someone without seeing what they are is often near impossible.

One thing I have not yet checked, but am on my way to do so....do the code tags now preserve posted code, or do they still mangle the code into an unusable state? Will report back what I find.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 4 of 10 (1,135 Views)

06-04-2010 08:45 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

The new code inserting works, I'm pleased to report. Is there a way to create the code tags without having to click the InsertCode icon?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
*Expert Elite*
GTVic
Message 5 of 10 (1,136 Views)

06-04-2010 08:48 PM in reply to: jmurphy

Could you change the name of the "Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization Issues " group, it's too long on the main page "Autodesk Discussion Groups" when you float it and there are two columns of names. Might be ok if you just remove the last word.

So far I'm impressed, very fast compared to the last forum.

*Expert Elite*
GTVic
Message 6 of 10 (1,134 Views)

06-04-2010 08:54 PM in reply to: GTVic

Floating seems to have a bug. Under the main AutoCAD group there are three sub groups. I floated topics under AutoCAD General, AutoCAD Topic Specific and AutoCAD Customization. When I go into those subgroups now the topics I floated are duplicated and sometimes partially overlapping.

Employee
wrighte
Message 7 of 10 (1,103 Views)

06-05-2010 08:32 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Using the paste code is the best way.  We'e miving away from requiring any special tagging.  The standard editor also preserves frmatting quite well, but doesn;t provide the separate code systel/window.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
wrighte
Message 8 of 10 (1,104 Views)

06-05-2010 08:33 AM in reply to: GTVic

Good catch - well fix that float board formatting issue

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
wrighte
Message 9 of 10 (1,100 Views)

06-05-2010 08:38 AM in reply to: GTVic

Done.  I agree that "Issues" wasn't necessary.  Good suggestion.
GTVic wrote:

Could you change the name of the "Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization Issues " group, it's too long on the main page "Autodesk Discussion Groups" when you float it and there are two columns of names. Might be ok if you just remove the last word.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
wrighte
Message 10 of 10 (1,095 Views)

06-05-2010 08:56 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Three atachments now allowed.  Guidelines updated to refelct that. 1.5 MB max is still in place.  Will see if tat can be expanded with the new system.

Jeff_M wrote:smileyfrustrated:ome updates need to be made to the forum guidelines.

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community