Distinguished Contributor
cvbt-thailand
Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)

Request for "Add Friend" button

243 Views, 1 Replies
07-18-2013 06:17 PM

Adding a user as a friend is a little difficult:

• Go to discussion groups
  • Put in the users name (you can use their real name; it will find them if they've filled in their biographical information; use their discussion group name for certainty)
  • Select what to search in ("users") from the drop down box under the search field.
  • Click on the users name > it will take you to their page
  • [Alternatively if you have a post of theirs open you can click on their name.]
  • Click on "add username to Friends"

I would suggest an "Add Friend" button in the Friends tab in private messages.  Or, instructions on how to add a friend.

It's interesting that friending is not mutual.  I can add someone as a friend without them knowing or accepting me.

Geoffrey Wheeler
IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2; Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS MB Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM
ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)

Re: Request for "Add Friend" button

07-18-2013 07:21 PM in reply to: cvbt-thailand

cvbt-thailand wrote:

Adding a user as a friend is a little difficult:

• Go to discussion groups
  • Put in the users name (you can use their real name; it will find them if they've filled in their biographical information; use their discussion group name for certainty)
  • Select what to search in ("users") from the drop down box under the search field.
  • Click on the users name > it will take you to their page
  • [Alternatively if you have a post of theirs open you can click on their name.]
  • Click on "add username to Friends"

I would suggest an "Add Friend" button in the Friends tab in private messages.  Or, instructions on how to add a friend.

It's interesting that friending is not mutual.  I can add someone as a friend without them knowing or accepting me.

Or you can click on a users user name in any post\reply( on the left of the page) it will take you to thier profile  on the right under contacts are where you can add or ingore a user in the PM system

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

friend.JPG

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community