Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 1 of 2 (278 Views)

Reduced privileges for new forum members to reduce spam

278 Views, 1 Replies
01-18-2013 09:42 AM

There has been an influx of spam related messages lately in the forums typically by new users whose only posts are the spam. 

Just like we Expert Elites are offered additional privileges in the boards, perhaps brand new users should be limited in what they can post.  For example, limit the ability to post external hyperlinks until their account has a certain number of posts and/or has been active a certain amount of time.  Another idea would be to add some sort of Captia requirement for posts of new users that would expire after they have met a particular threshhold. 

I have been clicking a lot of 'Report Inappropriate' links lately.  I'd just like to see this trend go by the wayside.

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)

Re: Reduced privileges for new forum members to reduce spam

01-18-2013 09:58 AM in reply to: TravisNave

There are limits set on new accounts . However blocking hyperlinks even if possible is not really practical.

My apologies on the amount of spam hitting the Installation forum and it has been isolated there.

This is a team or group effort spamming that forum and we are running internal procedures to discourage them the but with the professional groups it takes time( methods have worked in the past) so bear with us and keep hitting that button!!

FYI you only need to one report per account as I check all of that accounts posts automatically

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community