Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 1 of 8 (1,390 Views)

REVIT LT and INVENTOR LT forums

1390 Views, 7 Replies
10-08-2012 06:16 AM

Any plans to add these two separate product lines as separate forums (within their family of forum lists of course)?

Would be nice :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 2 of 8 (1,343 Views)

Re: REVIT LT and INVENTOR LT forums

10-15-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: pendean

Dean,

I didn't intentionally ignore this. It just entirely slipped through! :smileysurprised:

We're going to watch the volume for a bit and see what happens. The functionality is so close between the two that I'm afraid splitting them might actually lead to a lot of redundancy.

What's your thoughts?

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 3 of 8 (1,337 Views)

10-15-2012 06:45 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

They are at least different enough where we would need to know if they are LT or not, ideally without having to ask!

Of course, this should be mentioned/stated along with product version, etc., etc., as described in other threads.

BeatingDeadHorse.jpg

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 8 (1,325 Views)

10-15-2012 07:02 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

I have to agree with the above post: since REVIT LT is still very new there are not enough posts yet to compare, but if we look at the MAC forum where LT and 'full' are lumped together it's starting to become an issue.

But this goes back to another post here: figure out a way for a user to "have-to" list their application in their 'core' log-in name display/signature and I might be inclined to accept your reply as legit :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 8 (1,312 Views)

10-15-2012 09:32 AM in reply to: pendean

I'm intrigued and would like to give Revit LT a go but fortunately don't have the time right now.

The seperate Forum might give clues as to its vibility for the one man shop.

(Okay it would be nice not to ever have the time to really try it out. :smileywink:)

30 days to learn the program and then assess if it makes sense to change? Too short.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 6 of 8 (1,272 Views)

10-17-2012 07:35 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Alright, so sounds like if I could accomplish just ONE thing in the next year you'd all be much happier if I could find a way to require users to inform others of what program/version they're using. Correct?

I feel like this might actually be the most mentioned item by top users as well as the one I see frequently in surveys, so logically... I need to get a move on. :smileysurprised:

I know Microsoft has done something like this. Anyone seen other forums with this type of functionality?

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 7 of 8 (1,144 Views)

10-25-2012 06:08 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Random thought/idea:

Would it be a possibility to have an "LT" checkbox setting for the mentioned programs under My Settings which would automatically include an "LT Version" tag in all posts made to the respective forums? And could this checkbox be accessible in the New Post interface while posting to those forums only?

The "I'm using LT" statement MUST be automated in some way, and should not be something that the user must remember to do for each post.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 8 of 8 (970 Views)

11-02-2012 06:20 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Good idea (as usual). But not sure what it would take to implement that functionality. I'll ask our web guys!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community