Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 1 of 4 (266 Views)

Problems with the Email option on this site

266 Views, 3 Replies
03-16-2012 12:04 PM

So a user sends me a private message, but when I reply your system tells me there are two of them and to pick one. Huh? Why would it not go to the account I am replying to? user name is

chillme1

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 2 of 4 (241 Views)

Re: Problems with the Email option on this site

03-19-2012 07:56 AM in reply to: pendean

Dean,

What you're seeing is duplicate accounts. I run into all the time when I'm trying to message someone like you (I think you have 4-5 thanks to being around here so long). Usually just pick the one with the higher post count and you should be alright. I know it might be almost too confusing to the point of impossible for some users.

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

03-20-2012 06:56 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

But if you specifically Reply to a Private Message, one would think that it could automatically figure out which one of them you're sending it to.

Also, if one send a PM to someone that happens to have Private Messaging turned off, is there a notification to inform the sender?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Employee
wrighte
Message 4 of 4 (202 Views)

03-23-2012 08:20 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

CADastrophe wrote:Also, if one send a PM to someone that happens to have Private Messaging turned off, is there a notification to inform the sender?

Yes.  If you attempt to send, an error displays stating: "The user -----  does not have Private Messages enabled"

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community