Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 21 of 27 (288 Views)

Re: Problems with functioning of the new forums

11-18-2013 01:40 PM in reply to: EnlInt

I used to access my Autosaved messages from my Profile Page in the previous format, and it appears that this is no longer possible. I would like this functionality to be restored, because it is much easier than having to locate that thread and reply again to the exact post in order to access my Autosaved message.

AutosaveDrafts.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 22 of 27 (267 Views)

11-19-2013 06:59 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Hi Corey,

Thank you for your feedback!

Added "access to autosave drafts" to our to-do list.

Camilo Lemos
Active Contributor
danny
Message 23 of 27 (218 Views)

11-27-2013 03:44 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos
Hi, in this post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Community-board-doesn-t-let-me-post-pictures-or-pre... I describe that the forums don't work at all. All links with Options, Topic Option only scroll to the top of the page, and I can't see the all the pictures in the rich text, also I cannot upload any attachments. And I really need some help, cause I'm stuck in my work.
Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1
*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 24 of 27 (190 Views)

11-28-2013 06:07 AM in reply to: EnlInt

Here's another:

When I Quote another person's message in a Reply, though their original appears in the default font [Arial or Verdana or whatever it is], the quoted version is in Times New Roman or Garamond or something, very noticeably different because the latter is a serif font and the former is not.  And what I type in, whether after Quoting the other message or not [including now] is likewise in the latter font if I don't do anything about it.  But when I Post it, it's all back in the former font.

When I have explicitly changed the font of a message to something Arial/Verdana-like, sometimes when I go to add something in the middle of it, what I add is Times/Garamond-like, though surrounded by Arial/Verdana-like things.  The T/G text is noticeably smaller than the A/V text at the same nominal size and therefore harder to read, and in code with multiple-space indenting of lines, the indentations don't line up.  [I haven't yet tried leaving that alone to see whether it Posts differently, but have always forced it to conform.]

Kent Cooper
*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 25 of 27 (188 Views)

11-28-2013 06:15 AM in reply to: EnlInt

And another: this thread has a Subject line in which an ampersand appears with "amp;" following it [Rich Text format].  I can't imagine that's what the Poster typed.

Kent Cooper
*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 26 of 27 (184 Views)

11-28-2013 06:24 AM in reply to: EnlInt

Two things about LINKS:

When I pick on the link icon, the slot in the window that comes up for the Link URL already has http:// filled in.  But when I am in a thread I want to link to, and I grab its URL to paste into the link window, that also includes the same prefix.  So I need to remove the prefix in the link window before I paste the URL in.

Today [I don't remember this happening before], when I put a link in, it goes in at the very beginning of my message, rather than at the current cursor location.  It happened here and in the present message [I had to move that link into place].

[Windows 8, Internet Explorer.]

Kent Cooper
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 27 of 27 (130 Views)

12-11-2013 11:54 AM in reply to: EnlInt

This isn't necessarily a problem, just an annoyance (and maybe it's just me). I frequently switch between my browser and other applications/windows (i.e. Revit, AutoCAD), and when I want to reactivate the browser window while on the "All Forums" page, I click on the white space between the board listings so I can scroll again. The annoying part is that the selection area for the text extends way past where the text stops (as per the image below) and I frequently end up accidentally navigating to that board.

ExtendedObjectSize.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community