Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 1 of 5 (585 Views)

Online Help Page

585 Views, 4 Replies
11-26-2012 05:01 AM

Prior to the update to the Online Help System for 2013 products if you search an item you would have a direct HTML Copy/Paste link that you could then provide the OP in another thread without the OP having to conduct the search themselves.

(I'm sure they could potentially have done this on their own but since someone already has, what the hey?)

On the right side pane their is a Share option, that, at least for me, opens an email window with the URL for the actual Help page that has been chosen:

From the main Help Page:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDLT/2013/ENU/index.html

From the Share button:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDLT/2013/ENU/files/GUID-3F4F7D09-E6A7-444F-B9C3-CA6A6E466DB1.htm

Would it be possible to make the URL of the query easily indentifiable and less cumbersome to include in a Forum response?

Kind of the opposite of including online content in the Help system?

(Please excuse my use of HTML and URL if these are not contexual to the question of statement.)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (580 Views)

Re: Online Help Page

11-26-2012 05:51 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Are you looking for the already built-in BOOKMARK button feature as shown in the attachment? You can customize that bookmark button I believe.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 5 (558 Views)

11-26-2012 10:39 AM in reply to: pendean

Not it.

Previous online Help went to a specific web page that could be right clicked and Copy/Paste into the Forum.

The Help now does not do this and the page opens on the right side without the URL updating so it is one, two more steps to get the page into the Forum.

Being able to back link to the Forum would be helpful and does not seem like a big step if they are already pulling from the Forum.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (554 Views)

11-26-2012 10:48 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Ah, so you are posting in the wrong forum (there is none for AutoCAD's Help file AFAIK).

2013's Help has been broken like that since day one, no fix unless they decide to re-write it all.

It remains a POS :smileysad:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 5 (545 Views)

11-26-2012 11:33 AM in reply to: pendean

Well the higher ups are here from time to time and may look to move this along the chain.

I stopped using the built-in Help with 2011 since you could not link or paste a page to the Forum.

Up to 2012 Online Help let you do just that but as you say even now that flexibility is gone...

(I doubt we will get anywhere with just you and I going back and forth. :smileyfrustrated:)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community