Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 1 of 8 (938 Views)

Non-Technical Forums

938 Views, 7 Replies
12-19-2012 10:00 AM

I hate to follow every new feature with seemingly negative feedback (I'm trying to be constructive here), but I do not think that a user's total posts, kudos, and authored solutions should be factored with posts made to the non-technical forums, specifically the Break Room and Test forums.

Additionally, I think that the Accept as a Solution feature should be disabled in the Break Room, as to not "pollute" the Solution "data pool" with with non-technical stuff. For instance, if someone posts some kind of riddle, he might be inclined to mark a user's correct answer as a Solution. We don't need that showing up in the searches and having the eye-catching Solution icon! Perhaps these forums should be excluded by Search, in general.

And as the Break Room becomes more active, it may be possible for users to climb through the ranks (via this forum) without actually contributing anything to the primary forums. That would completely compromise the value of the ranks, IMHO.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Tired of hearing my criticism, yet? :smileywink:

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Alumni
TBasich
Message 2 of 8 (935 Views)

Re: Non-Technical Forums

12-19-2012 10:24 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Are you reading my mind, CADastrophe? :smileyhappy:

I actually just emailed some folks internally here about disabling the ranking/reputation feature for conversations happening in The Break Room, and agree with your point about the Accepted Solution feature as well.

I'll get looking into these bits and get back to you with an update as soon as I have one. And THANK YOU for the feedback! It's much appreciated, because it's constructive!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 8 (933 Views)

12-19-2012 10:27 AM in reply to: TBasich

Rats, I thought that would be my ticket to the top!

(not unlike this useless message)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 8 (923 Views)

12-19-2012 10:46 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles_Shade wrote:

"Rats, I thought that would be my ticket to the top!

(not unlike this useless message)"

You're aleady there! :smileyhappy:

(another useless message for me!)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 8 (907 Views)

12-19-2012 03:09 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Can I get in on this too?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 8 (903 Views)

12-19-2012 03:25 PM in reply to: pendean

Are you not the poobah?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 7 of 8 (886 Views)

12-20-2012 05:49 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I need to stay ahead of all the others :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 8 of 8 (376 Views)

05-14-2013 07:37 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Posts to the Break Room do not count towards a user's post count, and kudos and solutions are disabled. That's great, but I'd like to take this one step further: I'd prefer if posts from the Test and Break Room boards did not show up in 'My Recent Posts' or even in the full list (when I click 'View All'). I've no reason to track these and they get in the way while I'm trying to keep track of "real" posts.  Thank you!

RecentPosts.JPG

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community