Community Feedback

Valued Contributor
gearknox
Message 1 of 11 (629 Views)

MASSIVE JUNK POSTINGS

629 Views, 10 Replies
05-12-2013 09:28 AM

WOULD SOMEONE FROM AUTODESK PLSE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE MASSIVE JUNK POSTINGS THAT GET SENT TO MY COMPUTER JUST BECAUSE I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS DISCUSSION GROUP?

I GET AT LEAST 25+ A DAY TELLING ME ABOUT WOMEN I CAN CONTACT IN MUMBAI AND SIMILAR PLACES.

SURELY YOU FOLKS HAVE THE SKILLS TO FIND THIS NUMBSKULL AND BLOCK HIS SPAM.

THANKS

Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 11 (618 Views)

Re: MASSIVE JUNK POSTINGS

05-12-2013 09:57 AM in reply to: gearknox

We are actively working on the current spam issue we understand know no one likes spam but it is unfortunately part of the internet.

I would recommend that you set up a rule moving this type spam( lookup the key words) directly to your trash folder in what ever email client you use for now.

Remember to please continue to report spam or questionable content you come across by using the Report Inappropriate Content button and moderation will remove it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your assistance and patience
Discussion_Admin

Distinguished Contributor
bmdesign
Message 3 of 11 (357 Views)

10-10-2013 01:08 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Sorry Admin, but this is a really, really lame excuse.

"unfortunately part of the internet"

Really. I would say you're just using the wrong platform (Lithium). This shouldn't actually be *your* job, but *theirs*. This should be a red alert thing where their people do 24/7 until no spam *at all* gets through. Do people **** all around your office, simply because **** is "part of life"? Of course not.

"I would recommend that you set up a rule moving this type spamlookup thekey wordsdirectly to your trash folder in what ever email client you use for now."

I did this today, on my email server so I don't have to burden the client with this. Took me 2 minutes. Now - it's around 2 *weeks* you haven't been able to do the same, in the Autodesk end. Maybe I'm trusting the wrong company here.

Over and out. (don't reply)

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech. Aiming to bridge public transport to 21st century solutions.
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 4 of 11 (300 Views)

10-11-2013 01:57 PM in reply to: bmdesign

It *is* part of the internet, where a company is big enough to be a target and public enough that it makes controlling access difficult.  Maybe you're just not big enough to have seen this?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 11 (294 Views)

10-11-2013 02:13 PM in reply to: dgorsman
Arm-chair quaterbacking from an Autodesk Partner: not sure why they don't try the partner channels for communications.
Interesting growth projections, I'm impressed: from two sites to world domination in 7 more years http://www.bmdesign.fi/en/market.html
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 6 of 11 (280 Views)

10-12-2013 06:48 AM in reply to: dgorsman

Could be a public way to make hay with Autodesk to wrestle more business perhaps?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Mentor
steven-g
Message 7 of 11 (232 Views)

10-17-2013 11:51 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

When this started it was annoying having to wade through all the crap to look at serious questions, I stopped even looking months ago, !!! and it is still going on, this site is used by professionals on company computers and autodesk are telling us that some cheap pimp can be allowed to carry on this behaviour and that there are no methods or checks in place to stop it. The response time is amazing and we in the rest of the world have to wait untill someone in america gets out of bed to physically remove the posts.

EDIT sorry Charles this reply wasn't directed at you, I just hit the reply button on your post instead of scrolling to the top

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 8 of 11 (219 Views)

10-18-2013 05:48 AM in reply to: steven-g

No worries, mate!

The US is falling behind everywhere.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 9 of 11 (210 Views)

10-18-2013 07:53 AM in reply to: steven-g

Interesting the feelings generated towards AutoDesk, but not much towards those actually posting the spam...

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 10 of 11 (206 Views)

10-18-2013 10:00 AM in reply to: dgorsman

Visible target vs. invisible spammer

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community