Community Feedback

*Pro
sbixler
Message 1 of 4 (460 Views)

Jump to First Unread Message - New Behavior - IE7

460 Views, 3 Replies
12-18-2012 06:03 AM

In the last few days to maybe a week, I'm getting new behavior in the forums that is really unhelpful.  I routinely use the "Jump to First Unread Message" links to do exactly what it says.  In the past, this opened the thread at the first unread message, with it and all succeeding posts flagged as New!.  Now, when I use the JtFUM link, it does that, but immediately refreshes the page so that I not only can no longer see the New flags (they're not new anymore), but I also have to back up three pages to return to the forum list.  It does not do this if I simply click on the Subject, but now I have to scroll down to find the new posts.

I hope that this is simply due to using an outdated browser (Internet Explorer 7)-- this should be remedied in a few months.

Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 4 (449 Views)

Re: Jump to First Unread Message - New Behavior - IE7

12-18-2012 08:54 AM in reply to: sbixler

The only Jump to first unread post in a topic  that I know of is a setting under My Settings\Preferences\Liner Layout

This setting when checked only takes you to the "first unread message" in a thread from the main forum home page if you use the next arrow at the top or bottom of a thread on the right it will just take you to the next thread topic not the next unread post in a thread

If this is not what you are speaking of include a screen shot so I can better understand

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

*Pro
sbixler
Message 3 of 4 (440 Views)

12-18-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

See attached screenshot-- clicking on this link used to take me directly to the first unread posting in the thread; now it does that followed immediately by two more pages, the last of which displays the thread in question, but it no longer has any unread posts marked, because they were already "read" two pages earlier.

This does not occur in Chrome, so it may be only my old IE7 that's the issue.  But something changed recently.

Discussion_Admin
Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)

12-18-2012 12:58 PM in reply to: sbixler

Thanks that is most likely a browser version issue as I can not duplicate the issue.

But until you get upgraded look at the settings I mentioned above you can then click on the thread title and gets the results you are looking for from the forum topic page when clicking on the thread title itself

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community