Distinguished Contributor
bmdesign
Message 1 of 2 (275 Views)

Jessica: notification messages have way too much white space

275 Views, 1 Replies
11-17-2013 10:50 PM

> If anything else comes to mind to you know where to find us

Email notifications (white space)

I follow the Autodesk forums over email (OS X Mail). For some reason, there's too much white space now between the lines of messages (though on the forums themselves it seems to be solved).

Do you have any kind of testing of these issues, before throwing it at us? You should.

A snapshot of the notification email and the actual message (this one):

Capture 2013-11-18 kello 8.33.04.jpg

Capture 2013-11-18 kello 8.40.27.jpg

The forum looks good, the email not.

Serif font

The text I'm writing here is in Serif font (OS X Safari 7). It's normally not a good choice for electric communication - it looks weird.

You've now extended that also to i.e. the picture upload dialog (below).

Picture upload dialog

Instead of actually fixing the picture upload problems (giving us drag&drop upload, or ability to get pictures pasted from Rich Text to actually remain as part of the document, reducing the need for upload at all), what we get in the "forums revise" is this:

Capture 2013-11-18 kello 8.39.34.jpg

Fonts changed to serif (bad) and moved to the left with no margin (bad).

Running after the wrong train

Instead of fixing the real issues of the community interaction what you are doing is superficial layout changes that are also counterproductive. You are not doing a good job. In fact, you are doing the wrong job

Stop tuning the outer things and ask us what the real issues with the current forums are. If it turns out, those cannot be solved using Lithium, look for the better alternatives, where less tuning and admining would be needed, since the tool would be working right for you, and us. 

The current state is wasting everyone's time.

I'm okay giving feedback on Autodesk products, but pampering on how forums should be run is.... not 2013 (in 2003 this probably would have been justified).

Have a good day!

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech. Aiming to bridge public transport to 21st century solutions.
Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)

Re: Jessica: notification messages have way too much white space

11-18-2013 03:36 PM in reply to: bmdesign

Hi Asko,

Thank you for the detailed description of your concerns. I completely understand where you're coming and that this is a serious issue for our users. I would also like you to know that your specific concern has been heard / sincerely acknowledged and that we are looking into taking action to rectify the issue.

Thanks again!

Jessica Thrasher

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community