Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 41 of 66 (527 Views)

Re: Feedback on new look of forums

11-18-2013 05:32 PM in reply to: m.teleguz1

m.teleguz1 wrote:

Please change the blue to grey shading, the blue font to normal Black font.

Then change all the white columns height to something smaller like the way it was before or change the font to a bigger size. shorten the length of the columns, you will find users miss that the most.

Just for reference, we haven't had "normal black" text for many years, and the current column heights are actually no larger than they were previously, but you are correct that they are significantly wider.

solved.jpg

Active Contributor
aalterio
Message 42 of 66 (507 Views)

11-19-2013 05:29 AM in reply to: donovan.cox

I posted yesterday about issues with text/images being cut off in the forum.  I still can not attach images, so I am just going to place the screen grabs in this post. I am using Internet Explorer.  I'm wondering if other IE users are experiencing this as well?

Forum1.png

I noticed that in my browser (IE) the profile information at the top left (edit account|Preferences|sign out) as well as "My Toolbox" are partially cut off.

Forum2.png

When I click onto "My Toolbox" I briefly see my profile info/active area/subscriptions but then the area becomes blank.

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 43 of 66 (500 Views)

11-19-2013 05:48 AM in reply to: m.teleguz1

m.teleguz1 wrote:

Okay, so i cant even find what i want in 3 secs...that's annoying!

While I agree that the Browse Forums isn't a very well laid out page. I find I have better success in finding what I want by using Browse by Product or the Active Areas section in My Toolbox. When that fails I use Ctrl+F to search the Forums page.

Allen

Valued Contributor
jamjumpin
Message 44 of 66 (492 Views)

11-19-2013 05:54 AM in reply to: donovan.cox

I'm completely lost already ready. Kind of looks like an insurance company website or soem kind of business consultants. 

I can't find an ideastation for AutoCad, does one exist?

Contributor
crmayo
Message 45 of 66 (482 Views)

11-19-2013 06:15 AM in reply to: donovan.cox

It would be nice to have the ability to edit / delete posts in Inventor Ideastation.  Nice redesign.

Chris
Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 46 of 66 (473 Views)

11-19-2013 07:03 AM in reply to: jamjumpin

Hi jamjumpin,

Thank you for your post!

There currently isn't an IdeaStation for AutoCAD.

We would definitely be interested in hearing more feedback on what parts/aspects of the website you are not comfortable with.

Camilo Lemos
Valued Contributor
lesleys
Message 47 of 66 (435 Views)

11-20-2013 01:13 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

Something I would like to have been incorporated would be a "preview" of a post.

When you see a post with one word in the subject line it would be nice to hover over the post & get an idea of what it actually is about. You could then decide if you wish to read it or not, for example a subject line that just says HELP does not tell you very much.

This works with other forums so is possible.

Distinguished Contributor
Jummybear
Message 48 of 66 (384 Views)

11-27-2013 02:04 AM in reply to: lesleys

Hi,

Excuse me for stupid question but is it possible to send private messeges now? I cant find that.

Thanks =)

*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 49 of 66 (380 Views)

11-27-2013 02:19 AM in reply to: Jummybear

ilja.jevglevski wrote:

Hi,

Excuse me for stupid question but is it possible to send private messeges now? I cant find that.

Thanks =)

Yes, it is harder to find where to send a Private Message link now.  Click on the user's name to get to their profile page, then scroll down in the information bar on the right side.

*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 50 of 66 (331 Views)

12-13-2013 08:41 AM in reply to: lesleys

lesleys wrote:

Something I would like to have been incorporated would be a "preview" of a post.

When you see a post with one word in the subject line it would be nice to hover over the post & get an idea of what it actually is about. You could then decide if you wish to read it or not, for example a subject line that just says HELP does not tell you very much.

This works with other forums so is possible.

I see this feature has now been implemented.... LOVE IT!

MSGpreview.gif

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community