*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 1 of 13 (1,309 Views)
Accepted Solution

Educational Community

1309 Views, 12 Replies
01-27-2011 01:54 PM

Brian,

I just sent you an email about the Educational Community saturating the Installation and Licensing forum.  I was wondering of they can get their own forum or if it would be appropriate to send them back to the Educational Community link.  The same issues come up dozens of times daily and it seems that none of the students use the search functionality or even read posts prior to theirs first.  I have made this macro that I may start using pretty soon on commonly themed reposts:

Please review the Autodesk Educational Community FAQ for your answer:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=community_faq

If you are unable to resolve your issue, please submit your request to the Education Community team:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Alumni
brian.kling
Message 2 of 13 (1,287 Views)

Re: Educational Community

01-28-2011 01:44 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Travis, thanks for the heads up, we have also noticed a spike in Student activity.  We are meeting internally to review strategies for heading off common questions/issues to maintain a quality experience for all the in the Autodesk Forums.

Brian Kling
Community Strategist
Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 13 (1,117 Views)

02-25-2011 04:54 PM in reply to: brian.kling

Brian,

This is still ridiculous.  There are bunches of requests daily about people wanting serial numbers for their educational version.  Even though the FAQ states that they run out and even though forum admins sometimes respond stating such, the posts keep coming.  They will literally post an identical request right after one another, like somehow this forum will magically give them a serial number. 

Is there any chance in the interim that we can get a sticky post at the top of the Installation and Network License forum that addresses this issue?

Even I have stopped responding with my Macros on these.  The request go left unanswered...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Alumni
brian.kling
Message 4 of 13 (1,079 Views)

03-03-2011 11:39 AM in reply to: TravisNave

We are making some changes on the EDU Community side, but I will also put up some sticky posts in the I&L forum tomorrow to hopefully stem the tide!  Thanks for your patience while we try to get this working better.

Brian Kling
Community Strategist
Autodesk, Inc.
Alumni
brian.kling
Message 5 of 13 (1,020 Views)

03-07-2011 07:09 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Travis, as you probably noticed, I have added a sticky post at the top of the I&L forum.  There are also changes on the Student Community side which should help as well.

Please keep the comments and suggestions coming, let us know how things are going for you!

Brian Kling
Community Strategist
Autodesk, Inc.
staghound406
Message 6 of 13 (828 Views)

05-17-2011 11:38 PM in reply to: TravisNave

I would like to add something to the discussion about the Educational Community website. I am a student and have been downloading software to try out. There appears to be some bug in the login process however. It refuses to recognize my username and password. Even if I do a password reset, then copy and paste that exact new login info into the window, it tells me it is incorrect. The only way I can gain access to the site is by creating a new password everytime, and oddly enough after I create the new password, instead of taking me to the home page or something reasonable, I am redirected to the "Resend Activation Email" form.

This makes no sense, and I have cleared my cookies and browser history just to make sure that wasn't the reason it was taking me to that form. But like I said, I typed down my username and password when I first registered, and then copied and pasted it exactly into the login form and it keeps telling me it's incorrect. I created a new password, looked around the website for a while, logged out, then tried to log back in with the new password and it's telling me it's incorrect. There is some bug in the system and it's a fairly large nuisance. Rather than making the educational community site a website that I want to come back to and learn from other students, this problem is causing me to avoid the site as much as possible. Please help!

Alumni
Mike
Message 7 of 13 (818 Views)

05-19-2011 08:49 AM in reply to: staghound406

Hi Staghound406,

Please repost this information into the Download forum on the Education Community website:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=support_center&section=ask_question

I need your Education Community name to check your account to investigate the issue you are having.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
dbrandtllc
Message 8 of 13 (452 Views)

11-18-2011 05:33 PM in reply to: Mike

I know this is the wrong place to be posting this, and I apologize.

but please hear me out. 

I am experiecing the same problem as stated above, about the "resend activation email."

I would gladly post my issue in the download forum in the education community website, but I cant make it to the forums, or any kind of support page.

Every tab, every picture, every link that I click on redirects me to the exact same page titled "Resend Activation Email."

Now Ive successfully download the student version of maya in the past with no problems. I dont know what happened all of a sudden, but even if I follow the on-screen directions and type in my email account for activation, the system simply states, "account already activated" and the problem continues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I apologize for my post placement.

Thanks for your time,

Dylan

schleep
Message 9 of 13 (439 Views)

11-18-2011 08:19 PM in reply to: Mike

I'm having the same "resend activation email" on my account. I'd post in the correct spot, but I can't get to any site once I'm logged in other than that same stupid screen.

Any work arounds or fixes yet?

harrishoover
Message 10 of 13 (413 Views)

11-19-2011 01:17 PM in reply to: schleep

I am having the same problem as the gentlemen above. My account acts as if it is not activated, and every link directs me to a page saying I should 'Resend Activation Email'. However, when I enter my email address to receive the activation code [for my account -- not for software], the email cannot be sent because my account is already 'active'. Basically it tells me I'm not activated, then denies me an activation code.

Nothing seems to break the cycle. I just want my account to be activated. Can anybody help?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community