Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 11 of 20 (3,070 Views)

Re: Editing own messages

10-15-2012 03:07 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Jillian.Bejtlich wrote:

Murph,

I think asking all of the top users to commit to monitoring duties (accept solutions on any post, edit titles, tagging, etc.) would be a bit much, but for those who want to help in that manner it could be done. I really don't know how you all manage to answer SO many questions, so I don't ever want to ask or force more on anyone!

What do you think? Feedback is always welcome!

Volunteer monitors may work, it does for AUGI forums.

I can't  speak for the others but when I was real active answering questions and providing help I had an exrta PC to keep open between the different discussion groups and one to work from.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 12 of 20 (3,062 Views)

10-16-2012 05:16 AM in reply to: Murph

From the groove yard of forgotten favorites:

multiscreenmonitors.jpg

MORE MONITORS!

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 13 of 20 (3,051 Views)

10-16-2012 03:35 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles_Shade wrote:

MORE MONITORS!

More like more desks, one on the south wall, one on the west wall. Each with a laptop and desktop pc. Working from home and the maid didn't visit often.

Murph
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 14 of 20 (3,039 Views)

10-17-2012 07:15 AM in reply to: Murph

Ah you folks are dedicated. And my former desk looked like that, but then I got cut back to just one computer (AHHHHH!!! THE HORRORS!!!)... so now I have an empty looking desk with just a laptop and massive monitor. :smileysad:

Anyways, so with the whole monitoring thing - If you were me, would you come up with a program that would let people opt into it, or would you just give the abilities to everyone who hit a certain level?

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 15 of 20 (3,031 Views)

10-17-2012 08:31 AM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

No way.  You'd have to invite people who you feel are responsible with that privilege once they've reached a certain level. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 16 of 20 (3,025 Views)

10-17-2012 01:34 PM in reply to: TravisNave

...and then monitor them to make sure they remain relevant, professional, and courteous to the audience.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Alumni
Jillian.Bejtlich
Message 17 of 20 (3,023 Views)

10-17-2012 01:37 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Alright. Glad to see we're on the same page. I'd be slightly terrified to let a huge group of users run around with moderator type abilities, so in my mind - hand picked and constantly monitored would be the way to go.

Something to keep in mind!

Jillian Bejtlich
Forum Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 18 of 20 (3,020 Views)

10-17-2012 01:44 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

We are not complete savages out here :robotfrustrated:

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 19 of 20 (3,015 Views)

10-17-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Jillian.Bejtlich wrote:

Alright. Glad to see we're on the same page. I'd be slightly terrified to let a huge group of users run around with moderator type abilities, so in my mind - hand picked and constantly monitored would be the way to go.

Something to keep in mind!

Agree with that.

Murph
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 20 of 20 (3,011 Views)

10-17-2012 03:00 PM in reply to: Jillian.Bejtlich

Jillian.Bejtlich wrote:

Ah you folks are dedicated. And my former desk looked like that, but then I got cut back to just one computer (AHHHHH!!! THE HORRORS!!!)... so now I have an empty looking desk with just a laptop and massive monitor. :smileysad:

I worked for a re-seller back then. One desktop pc was my personnel, laptop was my wifes old one that I just had laying aound, on the other desk was the co. laptop and the desktop pc was my own web server I used to tinker with MapGuide, Topobase, and LandXploder. I'm down to just my personnel PC and the laptop is kept in it's case.

Murph

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community