Community Feedback

Community Manager
Scooch11
Message 1 of 17 (496 Views)

Community Redesign Feedback - Update 11/20

496 Views, 16 Replies
11-20-2013 09:35 AM

I'd like to thank you all for posting your feedback concerning the Community Redesign released last week – change is never easy.

The redesign is a major step forward in presenting the right information to our Community at the right time, and we hope you feel the same way. In saying that though, we do realize there are still improvements to be made and want to let you know we're still working it.

The Autodesk Community is an area where we all share ideas and help each other create a better world, and we'll continue to use it to communicate with you.

We're listening to the feedback that you are providing. Here's an update on the actions we're taking to resolve some of the reported issues:

• We've compiled your feedback and met with our software vendor so we can work through the list of issues you've raised.
  • Our priorities are focused on addressing the major topics in the feedback: Spam, forums missing or hard to find, too much white space.

These are not the only issues that we are tracking, but these seem to be the top 3 that we have noticed. We'll post additional updates to this forum as soon as we have more details.

Again, we sincerely thank you all for your continued feedback and support of this redesign.

Scooch11

Distinguished Contributor
shastu
Message 2 of 17 (480 Views)

Re: Community Redesign Feedback - Update 11/20

11-20-2013 11:09 AM in reply to: Scooch11

I can't seem to find the different discussion groups.  I click on the link but it just displays the same page.

Wanderer-MOTD
Message 3 of 17 (471 Views)

11-20-2013 11:24 AM in reply to: Scooch11
Scooch,

It's nice see the feedback being looked at so quickly, definitely appreciated.
Melanie Perry
***not all those who wander are lost***
http://AUGI.com/Surveys
http://MistressOfTheDorkness.blogspot.com

My defunct profiles:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/651859
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/644095
Valued Mentor
steven-g
Message 4 of 17 (442 Views)

11-21-2013 05:00 AM in reply to: Scooch11

Thanks for the feedback, it is nice to hear what is happening or at least that something is happening, I think we all realise this is an ongoing project and these things take time.

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
Community Manager
Scooch11
Message 5 of 17 (417 Views)

11-21-2013 11:12 AM in reply to: shastu

shastu,

Which link are you clicking on? The Browse forums pull donwn on the right side of the screen link or the Forums link in the top level navigation? Both should help you out.

Scooch11

shastu
Message 6 of 17 (409 Views)

11-21-2013 12:00 PM in reply to: Scooch11
I was just clicking on the "discussion Groups" link at the bottom in the middle. I expected it to show the different discussion group categories but instead it just showed the same page.
Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 7 of 17 (375 Views)

11-22-2013 03:39 PM in reply to: shastu

Hi Shawn,

If you click on the "Browse by product" link on the top right of your screen you will be able to view the different product forums:

Capture.PNG

I hope that helps! If you need any other assistance please let us know.

Jessica Thrasher
*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 8 of 17 (372 Views)

11-22-2013 03:44 PM in reply to: Scooch11

Some suggestions from my corner of the world...

This is the first time ever I had to use the horizontal scroll bar to expose a part of the web page I need to access (login button).

Some of us use the aero feature to dock the window to half the monitor's size.

Even so, if I maximize the window, this web page is still bigger and the horizontal scroll bar can still be moved.

If I decrease the browser size of text on the main page to compensate, the font I see here as I am typing has a height less than 6 point.

The dot pitch of this monitor is not as good as my Homestation, and 6 point text looks terrible here.

The grayed out text is too light. It's causing me headaches. I can barely see the "Autosaved..." text and it is difficult to see the

subject title I am making this reply to.

I composed a private message earlier. The message box width to type in is well off the screen and not confined to the size of the window.

The spell check button is nowhere to be found unless I employ the horizontal scroll bar. No, I do not have a mouse wheel that tilts.

Suggest maximizing the web page to any value under 1152 pixels wide. 1024 pixels wide would be perfect.

Suggest placing the login button (and logout) in such a way that it will never disappear off the screen, regardless of window size.

Scot-65
Dyslexia is a permanent physical disability that cannot be seen.
bmdesign
Message 9 of 17 (352 Views)

11-23-2013 10:19 AM in reply to: scot-65

I suggest opening a bug tracker for all the problems we find in the Forum UI and implementation. Trello would do fine. Now the issues get spread here and there in the forums.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech. Aiming to bridge public transport to 21st century solutions.
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 10 of 17 (335 Views)

11-24-2013 05:07 AM in reply to: bmdesign

bmdesign wrote:

I suggest opening a bug tracker for all the problems we find in the Forum UI and implementation. Trello would do fine. Now the issues get spread here and there in the forums.

I agree that it would be good if a list of issues was available.  Currently, there is no way to know if an issue has already been reported, and in some cases, reported issues have gone un-acknowledged so it's difficult to know how complete the list is.

I have my own list of issues that affect forum usability, and it would be nice to know that Autodesk is aware of all of them.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community