Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 1 of 13 (352 Views)

Can we buy some more time to edit our own posts, please?!

352 Views, 12 Replies
02-27-2013 05:54 PM

Why is the time available for editing one's own post so short in this forum? In another forum I know is 2 weeks. In another forum I know is unlimited. Here, it's not even 1 day, not even 1 hour, how long is it really? A few minutes, I guess.

Sometimes I go back to a post that I have written very recently, the same day, to refine something, but I cannot edit it, I have to delete it and do it again. Sometimes it does not make sense to reply to my onw post to correct something. I would like to be able to EDIT what I wrote, to make a correction, a precision, to fix a number, a sentence, an image, as in other forums. Can we buy some more time to edit our own posts, please?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Alexander.Rivilis
Message 2 of 13 (338 Views)

Re: Can we buy some more time to edit our own posts, please?!

02-28-2013 01:16 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I totally agree with Alfredo. This is particularly important in the Customization Board, which sometimes need to fix one / two lines in the code instead of having to create a new message with a new code for 50 ... 100 lines. At least let the moderators and *Expert Elite* edit own posts.

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 13 (332 Views)

02-28-2013 05:32 AM in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Corrections to old posts may easily get missed by the OP, or look exceptionally out of context for someone else reading the thread many moons later on. I'm not in favor of revisionists :smileyhappy:

If you have more to add, or to clarify, do so in a follow up so it is clear to everyone. Especially if an OP has responded or has chosen to read your response and not write back.

For Customization forums, I do see the value there but since there is a chance of the OP 'not getting it" the first time I think the same issues come back up.

My 2cents worth.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 13 (324 Views)

02-28-2013 06:50 AM in reply to: pendean

Dean, sometimes the OP has not even read the message or replied to it, and the post cannot be edited, so that objection does not apply, in my opinion. As I said, this is way more generous in other forums, and it is a feature that I appreciate. It is way to short here. I prefer to have a specific post that is correct, if it contains a list of instructions, steps, or code, than having little "Addenda" posts correcting just step # 9 or line of code # 15 only. On top of that, I hate spelling mistakes, and if I see them in a post that I wrote one hour ago or yesterday, I should be able to edit my own post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Discussion_Admin
Message 5 of 13 (317 Views)

02-28-2013 07:13 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

The current time limit is 30 min to edit your posts.

There are lots of reason for this other than it being the industry standard. Dean covered a few and Autodesk support roaming and answering question is another.

My recommendation is if you end up over the 30 min limit use the quote back tool and make your correction in a reply.

And then if something just has to be edited let moderation know.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 6 of 13 (312 Views)

02-28-2013 07:38 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Corrections in a reply are like an "addenda" to the original post where the list, graphic, code, workflow, etc, was written. As a user, I would prefer to have more flexibility for editng my own posts, as in other forums.

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 7 of 13 (303 Views)

02-28-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

If this is the final decision - sorry.  :smileysad:

If the decision is not final, it can be to make a poll?

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 8 of 13 (301 Views)

02-28-2013 07:48 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Note: In post number 4 above, instead of "It is way to short", it should say "It is way too short". I could have edited that myself but I cannot edit my own message even though I wrote it this morning. Or I could have asked the moderator to fix it for me, but being such a small thing, I don't want to bother him for this. So here I am creating a new post to correct something in my own post above, written just a while ago, this morning. Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 9 of 13 (292 Views)

02-28-2013 08:02 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo_Medina wrote:

Note: In post number 4 above, instead of "It is way to short", it should say "It is way too short". I could have edited that myself but I cannot edit my own message even though I wrote it this morning. Or I could have asked the moderator to fix it for me, but being such a small thing, I don't want to bother him for this. So here I am creating a new post to correct something in my own post above, written just a while ago, this morning. Thanks.

Actually I thought the to and too was a language thing. :smileyvery-happy:

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 10 of 13 (275 Views)

02-28-2013 03:17 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I'm happy with the 30 min time frame to edit my own posts. If there's a gammer or spelling error I can catch it after I post and read it in that time allowed.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community