Community Feedback

Distinguished Contributor
Brausmith
Message 1 of 10 (217 Views)

Buzzsaw forum?

217 Views, 9 Replies
11-19-2013 06:38 PM

The Buzzsaw forum is no longer on the Forums listings page.

Where did it go?

Regards,
Chad
*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 10 (211 Views)

Re: Buzzsaw forum?

11-19-2013 07:35 PM in reply to: Brausmith

Buzzsaw is under the Additional Products forums. It doesn't show on the main landing page as that page is limited to just 3 items per section.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Brausmith
Message 3 of 10 (208 Views)

11-19-2013 07:51 PM in reply to: Jeff_M
Ah, I see. Thanks.

I think that 3 item limitation is going to cause some discoverability issues. Especially since the section headers are black and don't immediately look like links.
Regards,
Chad
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 4 of 10 (200 Views)

11-19-2013 08:56 PM in reply to: Brausmith

Yes, having nowhere to view a complete forum list is certainly a problem.

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 5 of 10 (191 Views)

11-20-2013 01:02 AM in reply to: nestly2

Hi Chad, Jeff and nestly,

The "Browse by Product" button on the left side of the blue menu bar should display a complete list of the forums. Do you see anything missing there?

Do you guys feel that the button is not intuitive enough in terms of wording or perhaps that it should be placed elsewhere on the page?

Any feedback on how you feel this would be more intuitive will be very helpful to us as content findability and navigation are certainly among our top priorities.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 6 of 10 (184 Views)

11-20-2013 02:11 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

camilo.lemos wrote:

Hi Chad, Jeff and nestly,

The "Browse by Product" button on the left side of the blue menu bar should display a complete list of the forums. Do you see anything missing there?

Do you guys feel that the button is not intuitive enough in terms of wording or perhaps that it should be placed elsewhere on the page?

Any feedback on how you feel this would be more intuitive will be very helpful to us as content findability and navigation are certainly among our top priorities.

Thank you!

"Browse by Product" is certainly an incomplete list of both products... and forums.

Some of the "Products" that are missing are: AutoCAD for Mac, Flame, Mudbox, AutoCAD360 etc

Some of the "Forums that are missing are: Drafting Techniques, Express Tools, Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure etc.

There is no single place within the "Community" to find a complete list of products or forums, nor is there any consistency in how either the Forum Landing or Browse by Product are arranged.

"Browse by Product" for example lists individually each child in the AutoCAD family (except AutoCAD for Mac) yet only the parent in the Revit family is displayed, and all the child products are omitted.

Forum Landing only lists up to 3 child forums, but the list of children are displayed is somewhat arbitrary.

IMO, "Forum Landing" should be arranged by product, and ALL the products and subforums should be arranged in hierachal order under the main product as expandable lists using [+] and [-] buttons.

I would be happy to demonstrate this further graphically, but frankly our concerns about this have been dismissed so many times, (including during redesign studies and redesign staging testing)  that I'm not going to waste my time without a solid commitment that something will actually be done about it this time.  As a show of good faith, how about moving AutoCAD for Mac out of "topic specific" and put it in the main AutoCAD cluster with EVERY OTHER AutoCAD variant.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 7 of 10 (176 Views)

11-20-2013 03:25 AM in reply to: Brausmith
+1with nestly's comments and suggestions.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 8 of 10 (169 Views)

11-20-2013 03:56 AM in reply to: nestly2

Thank you nestly and Dean for the comments.

I'll bring this up during our daily forums meeting today as a major point to be discussed.

I'll get back to you tomorrow or Friday at the latest with at least some initial feedback on our internal discussion.

Thanks again!

Camilo Lemos
*Expert Elite*
nestly2
Message 9 of 10 (164 Views)

11-20-2013 04:47 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks, I'm definitely interested in what comes of your discussion.

Here's a little diagram illustrating the type of inconsistent randomness that's typical throughout the whole Forum/Community, IMO

BrowseByProductConfusion.jpg

Brausmith
Message 10 of 10 (140 Views)

11-20-2013 01:46 PM in reply to: camilo.lemos
Thanks Camilo. I didn't even see the 'Browse by Product' as my eyes were drawn to the Forums link on the other side of the page.

To be honest the landing page is terrible and is the cause of the issues for me (initially).
Most of the info on the landing page is completely irrelevant, with the exception of the 'My Latest Activity'.

I'd like to see the Forums be listed on the landing page, and have the 'My Latest Activity' on the right panel.

The new design is almost as confusing as the old WikiHelp site.
Regards,
Chad
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.