Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 1 of 18 (835 Views)
Accepted Solution

Biography in Profile limited to 50 chars

835 Views, 17 Replies
11-15-2013 06:44 AM

I cannot seem to edit my profile page because my existing biography is too long and will not save my other changes.  It says the BIO cannot be more than 50 characters long, which isn't even enough to put a complete descriptive sentence.  This was not a problem on the test site.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 2 of 18 (833 Views)

Re: Biography in Profile limited to 50 chars

11-15-2013 06:49 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

Thank you for reporting this!

To our Expert Elites, are you seeing the same behavior as Travis where the space for your bio is limited to 50 characters?

Please, mention browser version when replying.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 18 (827 Views)

11-15-2013 06:54 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

No problem.  This appears in both IE and Firefox.  Subsequently, I got a warning that sso.autodesk.com was an untrusted site in Firefox. I don't recall seeing that before.  I also had a difficult time placing the cursor in this box to reply.  And I cannot fload forums to the top anymore.  The test site seems more solid than the production site.  Odd...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 18 (822 Views)

11-15-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

I saw this earlier when I went to adjust my sig to the new format. I've just removed my Bio in the meantime.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 18 (819 Views)

11-15-2013 07:03 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Thanks Corey.  There are a lot of bugs that I found in the test site that still exist here.  Plus new ones like this. 

I just found another one where I cannot delete a post if that post was quoted in a reply post.  Very odd behaviors on the new forum.

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 6 of 18 (813 Views)

11-15-2013 07:09 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for confirming, Corey and Travis.

I'll have a look at the issue with not being able to delete a post which was quoted in another post.

Camilo Lemos
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 7 of 18 (806 Views)

11-15-2013 07:19 AM in reply to: TravisNave

TravisNave wrote:

"Thanks Corey.  There are a lot of bugs that I found in the test site that still exist here.  Plus new ones like this."

I have seem many quirks, too. However, every time I go to report them someone (mostly Dean) has beaten me to it. The tiny stuff I've been refraining from reporting just yet, as other matters are much more pressing.

TravisNave wrote:

"I just found another one where I cannot delete a post if that post was quoted in a reply post.  Very odd behaviors on the new forum."

That sorta makes sense to me - if a post was quoted, wouldn't deleting that post detract a lot from the cohesiveness of the thread?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Message 8 of 18 (800 Views)

11-15-2013 07:24 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

How'd you get that grey background for the quoted message?  That looks soooo much better than forum default. (I'm already applying manual text overrides to compensate for the deficient scheme)

Message 9 of 18 (796 Views)

11-15-2013 07:27 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

You should be able to delete your own post for 20 minutes or until there is a reply whatever occurs first. After that you know the process

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 10 of 18 (790 Views)

11-15-2013 07:30 AM in reply to: nestly

nestly wrote:

"How'd you get that grey background for the quoted message?  That looks soooo much better than forum default. (I'm already applying manual text overrides to compensate for the deficient scheme)"

I've had that set up for quite a while now - I'm just glad it still works with this new format!

I have a macro I insert before the first line (in the HTML tab) and then add "</div>" after the second horizontal line. See below.

<blockquote><div style="background-color: #d8d8d8;"><hr />nestly wrote:<br />
<p><em><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size="2">"How'd you get that grey background for the quoted message?&nbsp; That looks soooo much better than forum default. </font><font size="2"><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">(I'm already applying manual text overrides to compensate for the deficient scheme)"</font></font></em></p>
<hr /></div></blockquote>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community