Community Feedback

*Pro
sbixler
Message 1 of 9 (414 Views)

Attachments Unavailable

414 Views, 8 Replies
02-10-2012 05:21 AM

This morning (~0800 EST = 1300 UTC) I'm not able to access attachments to the discussion groups.  I receive the following message, regardless of the file type:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.23

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 9 (401 Views)

Re: Attachments Unavailable

02-10-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: sbixler

I was coming here to report the same problem. 

Capture.PNG

On a side note, I am also getting a popup dialog box that this page is requesting the window to close after I attach images into my documents.  I have to hit No to continue.  Odd behavior...

close.png

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Employee
wrighte
Message 3 of 9 (384 Views)

02-10-2012 10:19 AM in reply to: TravisNave

We're looking into this...

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 9 (373 Views)

02-10-2012 11:51 AM in reply to: wrighte

Looks to be working now with attachments.  I'm still getting the close window popup when inserting an image though.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Employee
wrighte
Message 5 of 9 (368 Views)

02-10-2012 11:56 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Fix found and being rolled out.  Will take some time for all the attachments.

For the popup message, is that when you are viewing an existing attachment, or when you are adding a new attachment?

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 9 (363 Views)

02-10-2012 12:03 PM in reply to: wrighte

It happens when I start a new message or reply and I insert an image file into the body of the message (not an attachment.)  After I browse to the file and insert it into my image, that box pops up.  It never did before.  I click No and carry on.

Edit:  Subsequently, I tried it again and if I press YES to the box, the window closes my message.  So as long as I click No for the time being it is fine.  I'm probably one of the few who insert images into the message body often which is why I have seen it pop up here all of a sudden.

Thanks.

Employee
wrighte
Message 7 of 9 (356 Views)

02-10-2012 12:14 PM in reply to: TravisNave

What browser?  Trying to replicate and not having much luck.  I do see that a confirmation message is quickly displayed after clicking insert (after uploading) and then the window immediately closes.  what does the image insert window look like when the popup displays?

Eric Wright
Sr. Web Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 8 of 9 (349 Views)

02-10-2012 01:11 PM in reply to: wrighte

Here is the process I take. 

1.  I reply to this message. 

2.  I attach a picture in the body of the message which pops up a window here:

Capture.PNG

3. And as soon as I click the Insert Image button, then I get this popup:

close.png

4.  I click No and I come back to the message body of this page where I can continue typing this message.  Had I clicked Yes instead, this window would have closed and I would not have made this response.

My browser is IE9 on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.  I believe this problem started happening yesterday.  At least that is when I started noticing it.

IE9.png

This error occurs on my IE9 64-bit and also when using InPrivate mode. 

EDIT:  I can confirm that it does not exist on IE8 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. 

EDIT2:  I have also confirmed it does not exist on IE8 on my other Windows 7 machine.  However, I can reproduce it on my Server 2008 SP2 running IE9.  It appears to be an IE9 issue that is not machine or OS specific. 

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 9 of 9 (234 Views)

05-01-2012 10:48 AM in reply to: wrighte

Eric,

I wanted to inform you that this issue miraculously disappeared on all of the machines I have tried it on.  So whatever you changed, worked.  I just never got around to confirming.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community