Community Feedback

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 1 of 7 (577 Views)
Accepted Solution

Attached images not showing

577 Views, 6 Replies
04-24-2012 09:08 AM

I was unable to see an image attached to a user's message, but it appears that other users were able to see it.  The thread in question is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Can-someone-draw-this-in-inventor-2012-for-me/m-p/34...

The attached image shows what I see, along with a post showing that another user can't see it either, and a post showing that someone else CAN see it.

I just updated to Firefox 11 yesterday, so maybe this has something to do with it?  I am unsure if the image was placed in the post or just attached to it.  I can see the attached IPT files later in the thread.

Is there something wrong with the forum?

*Pro
ampster
Message 2 of 7 (573 Views)

Re: Attached images not showing

04-24-2012 09:23 AM in reply to: cwhetten

using Win7/64 with Firefox 11 I am able to see the image.

I believe the image was inserted into that msg and not attached.

Discussion_Admin
Message 3 of 7 (552 Views)

04-24-2012 09:46 AM in reply to: cwhetten

Working here in FirefFox11.

The original post has an inserted image but there is also an attachment in the second post by richos69 that also is not showing in your screen shot.

Discussion_Admin

can you see the image in this post?

issue.JPG

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 4 of 7 (547 Views)

04-24-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Yes, I can see the image that you inserted.  Strange...?

Any ideas why I can't see the images in the other post?

Discussion_Admin
Message 5 of 7 (541 Views)

04-24-2012 10:11 AM in reply to: cwhetten

Sorry no answers at the moment but I will see if someone does let me know if you keep running into this issue with a PM or with the Report Inappropriate Content button.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 6 of 7 (526 Views)

04-25-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

The answer to this conundrum was provided by mrrattray in the referenced thread:

no images 2.png

Our IT policy blocks the webpage that is hosting the inserted image; therefore, it doesn't load and I can't see it.  I didn't know it was possible to insert an image in a post that isn't hosted by the forum, but there it is.

Thanks all for looking into this.

Discussion_Admin
Message 7 of 7 (519 Views)

04-25-2012 09:01 AM in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks for posting back.

There are three different options when posting images as seen in the image below.

I have never use the From Another Site option myself but I do find the From My Uploaded Images comes in Handy  for Your frequently used images.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

image posting options.JPG

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community