Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drafix ultra extended memory

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ziegelmeyer
1246 Views, 7 Replies

drafix ultra extended memory

WANTED: DRAFIX ULTRA VERSION 4.20 DECEMBER 1992. I HAVE THE DRAFIX 4.0 BUT I NEED THE EXTENDED MEMORY DISKS. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ziegelmeyer

Wow ... a blast from the past. You're about two months late. I just
went through all of my old software and tossed a bunch of relics,
including that one.

ziegelmeyer wrote:
> WANTED: DRAFIX ULTRA VERSION 4.20 DECEMBER 1992. I HAVE THE DRAFIX 4.0 BUT I NEED THE EXTENDED MEMORY DISKS. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.

--
Hal Gwin
Mechanical Designer
Xenogen

R9 Pro SP2
XP Pro SP2
Dell Precision 650
Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon
3 GB DDR
Quadro4 900 XGL
nVidia 6.14.10.6722 w/registry update
Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 3 of 8
toby

ziegerlmeyer:

I Have several versions of drafix. what version is yours.
Message 4 of 8
designer24

Hi. It was great to find this group. I still use Ultra v 3.01 for some archived drawings etc. I would love a later version like 4.02 with extended memory capability, higher resolution etc.

I'd be grateful fo any help!
Simon
Message 5 of 8
designer24

Hi! Did you ever get the v4.20 Drafix? I could really use a copy if you have one - many thanks. simon@design24.org.uk
Message 6 of 8
BMcG

I have some drawing files created in Drafix QwkStart (the basic DOS version) that I need converted to *.dwg that will load in Windows QuickCAD or Auto Cad. I know that Drafix Cad Ultra would do this but I have not been successful finding a copy of the program. I would be grateful to purchase a copy if someone has one they are willing to sell, or would convert this file. Thanks.
Message 7 of 8
MaxTech0150

Hi everyone

I am actually the computer tech of the company who started this post, Ziegelmeyer manufacturing. My job is to set up Drafix 4.20 to work on a new windows 7 pc. To do this I have setup a virtual machine (VM) of Windows 98, because this is the OS he was running on his existing machine. I was able to make a full and complete backup of his Windows 98 hard drive which included all of the Drafix program installation folders.

I took this full image backup and dumped it into the virtual machine's virtual hard drive. After doing so it is almost a complete and working copy of his existing Windows 98 PC. I can even run all of his originally installed software without having to reinstall any other. But I cannot get Drafix to successfully start. I believe this is due to the driver discrepancies.

What I do have available to me was the original installation floppy disks of Drafix version 4.00k Sep 90, but the company that I work for bought the Drafix version 4.20j Dec 92 some years later. I have installation floppies from the original 4.00 version, but over the years the 4.20 version installation disks were lost. I need to install the 4.20 version because this version extends the memory which enables CAD drawings to be larger.

Does anyone know where I can get the installation files or a copy of the installation disk of Drafix 4.20j Dec 92.

Or

Does anyone know of a way to taking the existing files that I have and making a workable version of 4.20j Dec 92.

I have extensive experience in DOS programming, as well as other languages. So any help no matter how technical would be appreciated.

Email:maxtech0150@outlook.com

Message 8 of 8
psasserjr

Spoiler
I just backed up Drafix Ultra 4.20 to folders on the hard drive but disk 2 had file problems and two files werte not readable DFX.EX_  and DFXPORT.EX_ If I had those files I could reconstitute all five Floppy's
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report