Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil Designer/Drafter or Survey Tech/Drafter

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
385 Views, 0 Replies

Civil Designer/Drafter or Survey Tech/Drafter

Seeking a position as a CIVIL DESIGNER/DRAFTER or SURVEY TECHNICIAN/DRAFTER with a great company, who could use my skills, and where I may be able to set some roots at. With my experience I feel can hit the ground running on any commercial or residential improvement project. Looking to relocate around the Albuquerque, New Mexico; Sacramento, California; Reno, Nevada or Texas areas since the Arizona sector is non existent. But I am open to other areas for relocation for the right opportunity.

WORK EXPERIENCE:

I have over 29 years of experience in working on Civil Engineering commercial and/or residential subdivision improvement projects. Have over 20+years using CAD systems along with 10 years of manual drafting experience. I consider myself a dependable, responsible, reliable and hard working individual with good work ethics who prides himself in trying to do the job right the first time while being efficient and productive. Samples of my work can be provided in a PDF format upon request.

LAND DEVELOPMENT - LAND DEVELOPMENT DESKTOP AND CIVIL 3D

Well versed in using AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop and Civil 3D along with other software to complete design projects and construction documents (Grading, Paving, Water, Sanitary Sewer and Storm Drain Improvement Plans).

Setting up Alignments, Corridors, Roadway Assemblies, and other features in Civil3D. Knowledgeable in setting feature styles and labels styles in the base template for the production end of construction design projects.

Experienced in laying out subdivision plats using municipality and/or developer’s design criteria and requirements.

Build existing and proposed Terrain Models (Surfaces) for calculating earthwork and retention volumes, contour lines, along with cut and fill volume grids for earthwork balance calculations.

Setting up Horizontal and Vertical Alignments for extracting profile lines, stationing, creating and applying Roadway Templates for roadway design and Using Pipes to layout and label Sanitary Sewer and Storm Drain designs.

Calculating grades or slopes for curb and gutter, sanitary sewer, storm drain and paving improvement plans. Doing plan checks for creating redlines for corrections and drafting revisions.

Have established and implemented drafting standards, drawing prototypes and CAD libraries for drafting consistency and uniformity. Installed, configured and customized AutoCAD along with other programs for drawing accuracy and productivity. Knowledgeable in working with Paper space and Model space drafting environments.

Knowledgeable in writing AutoLISP programs to assist in customizing AutoCAD for increased drafting speed, productivity and efficiency.

Active member of the AutoDESK Discussion groups in assisting others using my experience and software knowledge over several CAD platforms.

Creating Pdfs, Tiffs, Jpgs and other types of documents for Client, Contractor and/or Engineer’s use.

Worked as a Computer Drafting Instructor in California at a high school level to share my work and software experience to others.

SURVEY EXPERIENCE

Setting up engineering software to bring in the survey nodes/symbols and linework in company standard layers from field data codes.

Importing, converting and exporting field survey files (Rw5, Cr5, ASCII and Fbk) for office and field use.

Have experience in writing legal descriptions and preparing exhibits for lot splits, land subdivision plats, easements, road right-of-ways and various other survey drafting projects, such as Parcel Maps and Topographic Boundary plats.

Calculate construction grading and stake out points for field staking by field personnel.

Have some experience running a Topcon GTS-300 and Nikon DTM-420 Total Station both with 48GX Data Collection and Cogo program.

COMPUTER PROGRAMS

AutoCAD Versions R10 - R14, 2000-2010
Land Development Desktop: Land, Civil, and Survey Platforms
Versions 2000-2008
Civil3D Versions 2005-2010
Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook and Word
Microstation V8i
AutoTurn 6.0
Solidworks 2009
EaglePoint Civil Engineering Software
Softdesk Civil Engineering Software -
Versions 7.6 and 8.0
WordPerfect DOS 6.0 and 6.0a

Full Resume with Employer and Personal references and job history along with samples of my work can be provided upon request.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report