Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take my money!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3921 Views, 11 Replies

Take my money!

Where do I pay for credits??!!!?? This is the most awesome thing I've seen lately. I made a couple awesome characters in my browser for free and I'm happy to pay a few bucks for the paid styles...they're $5 each?

I can't find anywhere to buy credits...

Awesome job autodesk! 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would also like to know where to purchase iCloud credits.. I have created a rig that requires them, yet no knowledge on how to get them 😞

Message 3 of 12
verafx

At this point, you need two things in order to be able to use cloud credits to purchase a character that uses "paid" features.

The first is a Character Generator entitlement.  What is that you ask?  An entitlement is information that associates your Autodesk login with the "right" to access certain services.  Currently, the only way to have a Character Generator entitlement is to be associated with a valid Subscription to a qualifying Media & Entertainment product such as Autodesk Maya or Autodesk 3ds Max; basically any Media & Entertainment product.  This requires that the person who manages the Autodesk contracts for your company or studio goes to http://manage.autodesk.com and says that you can use the Character Generator entitlement associated with your company's qualifying Subscription.

The second step is ensuring that you have enough Cloud Credits.  As a user, you are initially given 100 cloud credits that you can use; once these are gone, you will use the Cloud Credits associated with the Character Generator entitlement.  If there are no Cloud Credits available, then the Contract Manager can purchase more of them by going to the Autodesk Subscription Center.

We are working on making the entire feature set available to even more people by offering a subscription version within the next couple months.

Here is a link that discusses how to add users for services that consume cloud credits.

Message 4 of 12
luc.vovan

Ok I'll take it! LOL 🙂
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: luc.vovan

I purchased Character Generator standal;one however I can seem to add any access privalages.  When I EDIT my sole user, a empty frame is generated that busy icon spins for ever.  Should I have not purchased Character Generator yet? I see in user agreement after transaction its says "beta TOS" is Character Generator ready for prime time?

Message 6 of 12
verafx

Dreamcutter, thanks for purchasing stand-alone access to Character Generator.  Character Generator is all ready to go and the "beta TOS" really has more to do with how new services are managed at Autodesk.

A very likely problem that you are encountering is that it can take up to 4 hours after the purchase of a Character Generator entitlement before the purchase fully makes its way to all of the required Autodesk systems.  This can be a bit deceiving because you will likely receive an email saying your account is all ready to go within about 5 minutes of purchase.  We are aware that this can be confusing and are working with the other teams at Autodesk to streamline the process.

For now, please try again after several hours have gone by (at least 4).  Unfortunately, you will not receive any further emails or notifications.  Make sure you log out and then log back in.  Also, from within manage.autodesk.com, make sure you see the Character Generator entitlement and click the "Access Now" button.

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 8.29.58 AM.png

Another logout/login cycle may be required.

As I stated, we are working with the other teams at Autodesk to improve this process.  We hope that the service itself fully meets your expectations.

Should you continue to have issues, please reply or use the "Report a Problem" menu option within the Character Generator web-app

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: verafx

Its been over 2 days since I subscribed and no access. I do see Character Generator icon in my Manage Accopunt page, however all on-services are greyed out. When I click it says my user does not have the privalage. So I go to users panel, there are none.  I add Myself as user, but cannot edit my privalages.  The white page frame popup just spins forever.  I tried in IE and Chrome.  I did re-log into account and cloud.  This a consumer, with only this Autodesk product. No other autodesk products or company license manager etc.  

Thanks for the fast response and help Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
gaudres

Hi,

Currently  you can buy cloud credits by going to your Autodesk Account, go to “Reporting” section   ,  select the contract and choose “Buy more cloud credits”.

Also there’s a small documentation page that gives information about purchasing cloud credits through Autodesk Accounts:

http://www.autodesk.com/360-cloud/credits

Best regards

Sophie

Message 9 of 12
verafx

If you are seeing the Character Generator line as shown below when you go to manage.autodesk.com

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 3.47.04 PM.png

Then, do you see something similar to this when you click on "Users"?

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 2.12.30 PM.png

The key things are the "Autodesk Character Generator" under the Products (middle bottom) and th "Contract Manager" under User Info on the right side.

If you are the Contract Manager (which would be the case if you purchased the entitlement using your login) and don't see Autodesk Character Generator, then click the "Edit Access" link next to your name.  This allows you to specify which entitlements the user has access to.

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 2.12.30 PM.png

Click the assign check box next to Autodesk Character Generator, then Save.  You may still have to wait a bit before the assignment registers on the system, but the manage page should immediately show your login as having access.

If this still hasn't helped, then please submit a help request as we obviously want you to have access to the service that you purchased, as quickly as possible.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: verafx

OK

Message 11 of 12
Hherschellson

I purchased Character Generator standalone however I can seem to add any access privalages.

When I EDIT my sole user, a empty frame is generated that busy icon spins for ever.

Should I have not purchased Character Generator yet?

I see in user agreement after transaction its says "beta TOS" is Character Generator ready for prime time?

Message 12 of 12
mustafaumaralvi7575

You may purchase cloud credits at the moment by navigating to your Autodesk Account, selecting the contract, and selecting "Buy extra cloud credits" under the "Reporting" section.
Additionally, there is a brief documentation page that provides details on buying cloud credits using Autodesk Accounts:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report