Active Contributor
riznasp
Message 1 of 4 (836 Views)
Accepted Solution

xref and attribute

836 Views, 3 Replies
02-27-2013 12:55 AM

Friends,

I have inserted an xref into my file with an attribute in it. Is it possible to edit the attribute in the xref file without going into the xref file? I hope we can.

Thanks

Riznas

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (817 Views)

Re: xref and attribute

02-27-2013 05:26 AM in reply to: riznasp

Most likely no, but your question is not detailed enough: more details about the "attribute" would help, like is it in a block or did you simply reference a block with only attributes floating around... .

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
riznasp
Message 3 of 4 (464 Views)

11-24-2013 04:23 AM in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply. My question was that, instead of inserting title block xref and attribute block into the plot sheet file, can i insert the attribute block into the title block file and then insert the title block file inserted into the plot sheet file. I'll have to insert this xref into may be 100s of files. But if i do so will i be able to edit the attribute without going into the xref.

Thanks

Riznas

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 4 of 4 (447 Views)

11-25-2013 10:19 AM in reply to: riznasp

riznasp wrote:

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply. My question was that, instead of inserting title block xref and attribute block into the plot sheet file, can i insert the attribute block into the title block file and then insert the title block file inserted into the plot sheet file. I'll have to insert this xref into may be 100s of files. But if i do so will i be able to edit the attribute without going into the xref.

Thanks

Riznas

no

Any edits you make to the attribute that's been inserted into the xref title block will be identical across those hundreds of drawings.

Better approach would be to keep doing what you are doing, eg the Xref for stuff that's consistent across all sheets and an attirbute Insert thadisplays the information specific to each sheet.

next step will be to start exploring SheetSet Manager.

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.