Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are properties palette location coords stored?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
737 Views, 2 Replies

where are properties palette location coords stored?

a user cannot get the properties pal to show, and I can't find the settings where location is stored, so I can reset.
Any suggestions besides a repair install?
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

found them in the:
C:\Documents and Settings\james\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion
2008\R17.1\enu\Support\Profiles\FixedProfile.aws
had to do a file compare before and after to narrow down the name of the palette for the properties palette.

Simple answer is to delete the file, acad will recreate it on open.

James Maeding
|>a user cannot get the properties pal to show, and I can't find the settings where location is stored, so I can reset.
|>Any suggestions besides a repair install?
|>James Maeding
|>Civil Engineer and Programmer
|>jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
Message 3 of 3
GTVic
in reply to: Anonymous

This info was useful for the problem I had. I wanted the Properties palette and Tool Palettes turned on and docked left and right respectively when creating a new user profile.

This is the procedure I used:

1. Export your default user profile to ARG format
  2. Paste the two sections of XML content into two xml text files. Use XML Notepad 2007 to open these files and hit the save command. This will format the XML code so it is more readable.
  3. Paste the XML code back into the ARG file. Don't include anything that was not there before (e.g. the first line <?xml version ...>)
  4. Configure the palettes location and docking, exit AutoCAD and locate the Profile.aws file: %APPDATA%\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\support\Profiles\<ProfileName>
  5. Copy the file, rename copy to XML, open in Notepad and delete everything before and after the <AcApData>...</AcApData> section. Open the XML file in XML Notepad 2007. There should be 4 Tool sections and a StartupInfo section. Two of these sections contain a large amount of data that can be deleted. These sections are called PROP_STATE and CAcTcUiToolPaletteSet.
  6. What is left of <AcApData>...</AcApData> should be about 40 lines. Paste this into the ARG file replacing the line containing only <AcApData />

As part of the configuration, import the ARG file for each user and issue three commands to turn on the palettes

TOOLPALETTES

PROPERTIESCLOSE

PROPERTIES

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report