Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool palette refreshing in plain Autocad 2005

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
148 Views, 2 Replies

tool palette refreshing in plain Autocad 2005

I know you have the refreshing option in ADT2005 when you do a right clik on the tool palete and click properties, but in plain cad you don't have the propierties option, or I'm missing something? Thanks in advance Elvis
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Elvis Landaverde" wrote in message news:41f17c55$1_2@newsprd01... >I know you have the refreshing option in ADT2005 when you do a right clik >on the tool palete and click properties, but in plain cad you don't have >the propierties option, or I'm missing something? ADT lets you import Tool Palette content from Catalogs, and you can retain that link, so an updated catalog can refresh the local Tool Palette. Raw autoCAD doesn't use the Catalog approach. By the same token, in raw AutoCAD you can export a Tool Palette to a file, which another user can then import. No such option in ADT, as the Catalog is the mechanism for sharing Tool Palette stuff. Best, Gordon
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

IMO, dumb to have two solutions to the same tool, in programs built on top of each other. Tool palettes are tool palettes, and should be the same in AtuoCAD and ADT. "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:41f18d9a$1_2@newsprd01... > > "Elvis Landaverde" wrote in message > news:41f17c55$1_2@newsprd01... >>I know you have the refreshing option in ADT2005 when you do a right clik >>on the tool palete and click properties, but in plain cad you don't have >>the propierties option, or I'm missing something? > > ADT lets you import Tool Palette content from Catalogs, and you can retain > that link, so an updated catalog can refresh the local Tool Palette. Raw > autoCAD doesn't use the Catalog approach. By the same token, in raw > AutoCAD you can export a Tool Palette to a file, which another user can > then import. No such option in ADT, as the Catalog is the mechanism for > sharing Tool Palette stuff. > > Best, > Gordon >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report