Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taper a solid 90deg pipe fitting?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
356 Views, 13 Replies

taper a solid 90deg pipe fitting?

I ve been trying various ways to taper a solid 90 degree pipe fitting
It has to go from a 2.50' dia to a 2' dia.Im at a loss. Ive attached a dwg with the 2d model of the 90 bend.

thanks to all who respond,
M Erickson
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You'll probably get a better response posting in the Autocad.drafting NG. But, since I'm here and you are here, I'll try and answer your question. This can't be easily done or probably can't be done at all correctly in standard AutoCAD. What you are trying to do is a loft between two different shapes which AutoCAD has no tools for. You need a program like MDT or Inventor to handle this correctly.
Message 3 of 14
MikeB

Me
I was able to produce your part in Autodesk Inventor. as stated by others i do not believe this can be done in AutoCad. i was able to export the file to .iges and import into Autocad here it is. hope it helps
Message 4 of 14
MikeB

here it is as a zip file also.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

I dont think you can do it with solids, but if you wanted to do it with surfaces it can be done using the edgesurf command. You need to set your surftabs fairly high though. Graeme "MErickson" wrote in message news:3227047.1088176740443.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I ve been trying various ways to taper a solid 90 degree pipe fitting > It has to go from a 2.50' dia to a 2' dia.Im at a loss. Ive attached a dwg with the 2d model of the 90 bend. > > thanks to all who respond, > M Erickson
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Okay, Here it is as a AutoCAD 3d solid if you can use it.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

If the attached image is close to what you want to model then it is not a difficult task at all. Especially for round ends. Could take a little bit of time however. Regards, Igor. -- To reply please use igor@iinet.net.au address MErickson wrote: > I ve been trying various ways to taper a solid 90 degree pipe fitting > It has to go from a 2.50' dia to a 2' dia.Im at a loss. Ive attached a dwg with the 2d model of the 90 bend. > > thanks to all who respond, > M Erickson
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

In vanilla ACAD?? Round?? "Igor Mironenko" <"igor"@NSMF@iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:40dd6ddf_2@newsprd01... If the attached image is close to what you want to model then it is not a difficult task at all. Especially for round ends. Could take a little bit of time however. Regards, Igor. -- To reply please use igor@iinet.net.au address MErickson wrote: I ve been trying various ways to taper a solid 90 degree pipe fitting It has to go from a 2.50' dia to a 2' dia.Im at a loss. Ive attached a dwg with the 2d model of the 90 bend. thanks to all who respond, M Erickson ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Yes, would you believe? -- To reply please use igor@iinet.net.au address Randall Culp wrote: > In vanilla ACAD?? Round??
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

This one can be made using the m2s.lsp Nice task! Regards Jochen www.black-cad.de "Igor Mironenko" <"igor"@NSMF@iinet.net.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40dd6ddf_2@newsprd01... If the attached image is close to what you want to model then it is not a difficult task at all. Especially for round ends. Could take a little bit of time however. Regards, Igor. -- To reply please use igor@iinet.net.au address MErickson wrote: I ve been trying various ways to taper a solid 90 degree pipe fitting It has to go from a 2.50' dia to a 2' dia.Im at a loss. Ive attached a dwg with the 2d model of the 90 bend. thanks to all who respond, M Erickson ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Cool, would you care to tell us how you did it Igor ? I can do it with surfaces but couldn't figure out how to do it with solids. Graeme "Igor Mironenko" <"igor"@NSMF@iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:40e01c6e_1@newsprd01... Yes, would you believe? -- To reply please use igor@iinet.net.au address Randall Culp wrote: In vanilla ACAD?? Round?? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 14
old-cadaver

Okay, let's hear it.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Hi Graeme, I have posted the details to the autodesk.autocad.drafting forum. Regards, Igor. -- To reply please use igor@iinet.net.au address Graeme wrote: > Cool, would you care to tell us how you did it Igor ? I can do it > with surfaces but couldn't figure out how to do it with solids. Graeme
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

3D Solid in Vanila AutoCAD using the Extrude command. Will post Details in drafting forum also "Igor Mironenko" <"igor"@NSMF@iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:40e17578_1@newsprd01... Hi Graeme, I have posted the details to the autodesk.autocad.drafting forum. Regards, Igor. -- To reply please use igor@iinet.net.au address Graeme wrote: Cool, would you care to tell us how you did it Igor ? I can do it with surfaces but couldn't figure out how to do it with solids. GraemeD Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "tprd 90 ftng aj.dwg"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report