CAD Managers

jshelton
Message 1 of 7 (1,757 Views)
Accepted Solution

selection/deselection using shift

1757 Views, 6 Replies
10-08-2012 02:50 PM

Does anyone know how to get the selection/deselection using shift to function properly when there are images xref'd to a drawing? I know if you have raster design there is a menu (ioptions) where you can turn off the option that 'shift + select' automatically selects the image rather than deselecting, but ioptions doesnt seem to work if you dont have raster design and I cant find an options dialog that allows me to turn this off otherwise!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 7 (1,749 Views)

Re: selection/deselection using shift

10-09-2012 05:37 AM in reply to: jshelton

Do you just need to turn on the image(s) frame on first? You can't touch them without it on. Otherwise, elaborate in more detail please.

PICKADD is the variable you seek in your title, seems to work just fine here.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
jshelton
Message 3 of 7 (1,745 Views)

10-09-2012 07:14 AM in reply to: pendean

Whether the image frame is on or off 'shift+select' picks it and adds it to my selection. I want to turn that feature off. PICKADD doesn't alter this. I want to be able to select and then remove certain objects from said selection by pressing shift. Or, use shift to swap between trim and extend without having to pick a different command. The image options prevents this.

I have attached an image of the raster options which shows where you can turn this off if you have raster. However my system doesn't have raster and I cant find where to turn it off otherwise.

jshelton
Message 4 of 7 (1,737 Views)

10-09-2012 07:32 AM in reply to: jshelton

MAPIOPTIONS  is apparently the command I was looking for. It pulls up the options menu in normal cad where I can turn off the image select feature.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 7 (1,721 Views)

10-09-2012 02:48 PM in reply to: jshelton

You must not be using plain AutoCAD then... .

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
dbinkney
Message 6 of 7 (749 Views)

08-05-2013 10:58 AM in reply to: jshelton

This is perfect.  I was looking for this option so I could avoid selecting the image with SHIFT+Select.  Thanks a bunch!

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 7 of 7 (728 Views)

08-08-2013 08:37 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

You must not be using plain AutoCAD then... .

I don't have the 2014 suite in front of me right now, but I wonder if MAPIOPTIONS is an alias for IOPTIONS (in a suite with ARD included?)

Actually MAPIOPTIONS and IOPTIONS are different commands, but both include the toggle for "Shift+Left Click image select"

mapioptions.png

ioptions.png

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube