Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about creating an image...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
exxon
190 Views, 2 Replies

questions about creating an image...

I am trying to create an new deployment for ADT2007 using the Deployment Wizard. We would like to change the file locations for some of the Content and Support Files. I have tried double clicking on the options, left click and I cannot make any changes. We would like to setup a shared location for plotters, plot styles etc...

Attached is a pdf file with the screen in question.

Also once this image has been created have any of you had success in using SMS to push the image down to workstations? The company that we purchase the software from and created the original image informed us that this is not supported an they really did not know anythign about sms.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

dvaldez
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: exxon

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:08:52 +0000, exxon <> wrote:

>I am trying to create an new deployment for ADT2007 using the Deployment Wizard. We would like to change the file locations for some of the Content and Support Files. I have tried double clicking on the options, left click and I cannot make any changes. We would like to setup a shared location for plotters, plot styles etc...

The dialog is a bit counterintuitive, but you have to select "shared" where it
says "default." Then you can browse to the network folder. See the attached
image.

Matt
mstachoni@comcast.net
mstachoni@bhhtait.com
Message 3 of 3
exxon
in reply to: exxon

Thanks Matt, I was clicking on everything except for that. Once I click on default it pulled down other options. This is what I needed.

Do you know anything aobut using SMS to push out the image to workstations. In theory it should work due to the fact that there is msi file created, so once pull this msi into a package in SMS, create the Advertisement and Collection then I should be able to push it through SMS to install over night as long as the people leave their computers one.

dvaldez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report