CAD Managers

*gforsburg
Message 1 of 11 (156 Views)

plot stamp

156 Views, 10 Replies
03-30-2005 06:38 AM
u know that little plot stamp option? I sthere any way to change it's color?
randerson138
Message 2 of 11 (156 Views)

Re: plot stamp

03-30-2005 07:02 AM in reply to: *gforsburg
Forsburg,

We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username")

Hope you find this useful!
RAnderson, LA
*doug k
Message 3 of 11 (156 Views)

03-30-2005 10:50 AM in reply to: *gforsburg
i believe the newer acad versions support all that info in the plot stamp (and more). i've actually stopped using rtext and now use the plot stamp exclusively. downside: no you cannot change the color, and it doesn't preview. may i ask why it needs to be in color? "randerson138" wrote in message news:8948151.1112194970794.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Forsburg, > > We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the > margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates > other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start > the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the > following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON > DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username") > > Hope you find this useful! > RAnderson, LA
*AndrewW
Message 4 of 11 (156 Views)

03-30-2005 11:03 AM in reply to: *gforsburg
2006 previews the plot stamp but doesn't have color settings. doug k wrote: > i believe the newer acad versions support all that info in the plot stamp > (and more). > > i've actually stopped using rtext and now use the plot stamp exclusively. > > downside: no you cannot change the color, and it doesn't preview. > > may i ask why it needs to be in color? > > "randerson138" wrote in message > news:8948151.1112194970794.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > >>Forsburg, >> >>We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the >>margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates >>other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start >>the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the >>following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON >>DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username") >> >>Hope you find this useful! >>RAnderson, LA > > >
*John Laidler
Message 5 of 11 (156 Views)

03-30-2005 12:06 PM in reply to: *gforsburg
Using RTEXT for the plot stamp is easier and better than using the plot stamp included in the plot dialog. With AutoCAD 2005, using 'fields' made that task even easier. -- John Laidler INCAT jlaidler@incat.com www.incat.com "randerson138" wrote in message news:8948151.1112194970794.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Forsburg, > > We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username") > > Hope you find this useful! > RAnderson, LA
*doug k
Message 6 of 11 (156 Views)

03-30-2005 01:47 PM in reply to: *gforsburg
"John Laidler" wrote in message news:424b06c2_3@newsprd01... > Using RTEXT for the plot stamp is easier and better than using the plot > stamp included in the plot dialog. > With AutoCAD 2005, using 'fields' made that task even easier. i used to think that way too, but grew weary of all the foreign drawings coming in that someone would plot, then promptly forget where they saved them, or what layout that was, or what scale it was plotted, etc. turn on plot stamp and fogitaboddit.
The_Fuzz
Message 7 of 11 (156 Views)

03-30-2005 09:03 PM in reply to: *gforsburg
At my office I created a nice slim text field with all the info on it and attached it to the master Title blocks so its always appears.

Hope this helps.
rapat
Message 8 of 11 (156 Views)

04-11-2005 06:34 AM in reply to: *gforsburg
I have used your text string to place a date stamp on our title block. It works really great. Thanks!
I have one question related to the $(getenv,"Username").
Is this variable pulling the username from the user login name, or from the Autodesk registration name that was entered when Autocad was installed. We would prefer that this string show only the users initials. Which value do we need to change, and is it a problem to change the this value on the users computer?
KAM1967
Message 9 of 11 (156 Views)

08-02-2006 05:53 PM in reply to: *gforsburg
This is what I use and it contains all the infos you would need - filepath, drawing name, login name, time and date, layout tab.

Kameron

FILEPATH:$(getvar,DWGPREFIX)$(getvar,DWGNAME)|$(getvar,LOGINNAME)|$(edtime, 0,MON DD"," YYYY" at" H:MM)|Layout: $(getvar, "ctab")
Distinguished Contributor
freddiemac
Message 10 of 11 (156 Views)

08-02-2006 06:33 PM in reply to: *gforsburg
FIELDS since R2005. WHat do you have?

FM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube