Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
366 Views, 10 Replies

plot stamp

u know that little plot stamp option? I sthere any way to change it's color?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
randerson138
in reply to: Anonymous

Forsburg,

We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username")

Hope you find this useful!
RAnderson, LA
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

i believe the newer acad versions support all that info in the plot stamp (and more). i've actually stopped using rtext and now use the plot stamp exclusively. downside: no you cannot change the color, and it doesn't preview. may i ask why it needs to be in color? "randerson138" wrote in message news:8948151.1112194970794.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Forsburg, > > We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the > margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates > other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start > the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the > following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON > DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username") > > Hope you find this useful! > RAnderson, LA
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

2006 previews the plot stamp but doesn't have color settings. doug k wrote: > i believe the newer acad versions support all that info in the plot stamp > (and more). > > i've actually stopped using rtext and now use the plot stamp exclusively. > > downside: no you cannot change the color, and it doesn't preview. > > may i ask why it needs to be in color? > > "randerson138" wrote in message > news:8948151.1112194970794.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > >>Forsburg, >> >>We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the >>margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates >>other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start >>the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the >>following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON >>DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username") >> >>Hope you find this useful! >>RAnderson, LA > > >
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Using RTEXT for the plot stamp is easier and better than using the plot stamp included in the plot dialog. With AutoCAD 2005, using 'fields' made that task even easier. -- John Laidler INCAT jlaidler@incat.com www.incat.com "randerson138" wrote in message news:8948151.1112194970794.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Forsburg, > > We have moved away from the provided date stamp and use rtext along the margin of our titleblocks. This is particularly handy in that it updates other information that you typically don't have in the date stamp. Start the rtext dialogue and select diesel. once the next box opens insert the following $(getvar, "dwgprefix")$(getvar, "dwgname") $(edtime, 0, MON DD"," YYYY - H:MMam/pm) $(getenv, "Username") > > Hope you find this useful! > RAnderson, LA
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

"John Laidler" wrote in message news:424b06c2_3@newsprd01... > Using RTEXT for the plot stamp is easier and better than using the plot > stamp included in the plot dialog. > With AutoCAD 2005, using 'fields' made that task even easier. i used to think that way too, but grew weary of all the foreign drawings coming in that someone would plot, then promptly forget where they saved them, or what layout that was, or what scale it was plotted, etc. turn on plot stamp and fogitaboddit.
Message 7 of 11
The_Fuzz

At my office I created a nice slim text field with all the info on it and attached it to the master Title blocks so its always appears.

Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 11
rapat

I have used your text string to place a date stamp on our title block. It works really great. Thanks!
I have one question related to the $(getenv,"Username").
Is this variable pulling the username from the user login name, or from the Autodesk registration name that was entered when Autocad was installed. We would prefer that this string show only the users initials. Which value do we need to change, and is it a problem to change the this value on the users computer?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

This is what I use and it contains all the infos you would need - filepath, drawing name, login name, time and date, layout tab.

Kameron

FILEPATH:$(getvar,DWGPREFIX)$(getvar,DWGNAME)|$(getvar,LOGINNAME)|$(edtime, 0,MON DD"," YYYY" at" H:MM)|Layout: $(getvar, "ctab")
Message 10 of 11
freddiemac

FIELDS since R2005. WHat do you have?

FM
Message 11 of 11
ttriest

I concur with FM, use Fields if you have 2005 or newer.

Terry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report