Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting multiple blocks from pathfinder office into autocad 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sdawson14
781 Views, 3 Replies

inserting multiple blocks from pathfinder office into autocad 2011

Using Pathfinder Office to export GPS files and insert into AutoCAD drawings.  First block comes in great, but I cannot insert a second block.  When I choose the second block to insert, it changes one line from the original block to a different color, puts linework on different layers, or even takes out linework from the original block.  If I explode the blocks, the attribute information is lost.  I name the blocks different names so overwriting a block with one of the same name is not an isssue.  I know that I can export serveral files from Pathfinder Office at one time and then insert them that way, but I need to combine all the exports together that I have and it would be nice to be able to wblock out the information from one drawing to another instead of having to start a new export from Parthfinder office.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: sdawson14

Can you post two of the files so we can see what you're up against.

Message 3 of 4
sdawson14
in reply to: TerryDotson

Attached are two files that I am trying to insert into one drawing. When I do this it overlays linework on top of linework from the first block and puts it on a different layer. I noticed if I delete the line that comes in the original line is underneath. I am just worried that if I don't catch something then it is on the wrong layer with the incorrect attributes attached. I created a tmp dwg and then inserted the tmp 063012 and tmp 62212.

Message 4 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: sdawson14

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see the attachment(s).  Also, it's best to ZIP the files first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report