Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prepare highrise construction drawing?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
581 Views, 11 Replies

how to prepare highrise construction drawing?

Hi, I am going to help to do a highrise residential tower construction drawing. Having not really into this kind of large scale CD before, I wonder what I need to think ahead for the beginning stage? Anyone use ADT for the highrise before? Our company will still use vallina Autocad, but I want to broaden my knowledge in case...:-) Will the coodination with MEP drawing be the huge task for my up-coming work? Any comments are highly welcome.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

One important thing to remember: Draw common [repeated] floor components ONCE and xref them in. How the heck do you get a commission to "do a highrise residential tower" having never done it before? "smr" wrote in message news:415d5878_2@newsprd01... > Hi, I am going to help to do a highrise residential tower construction > drawing. Having not really into this kind of large scale CD before, I > wonder what I need to think ahead for the beginning stage? Anyone use ADT > for the highrise before? Our company will still use vallina Autocad, but I > want to broaden my knowledge in case...:-) > > Will the coodination with MEP drawing be the huge task for my up-coming > work? > > Any comments are highly welcome. > > >
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I do MEP Coordination for a Mechanical Contractor, Are you doing the MEP coordination yourself? If so, I hope you have a background in the trades....Very Major undertaking for a newbie.... "smr" wrote in message news:415d5878_2@newsprd01... > Hi, I am going to help to do a highrise residential tower construction > drawing. Having not really into this kind of large scale CD before, I > wonder what I need to think ahead for the beginning stage? Anyone use ADT > for the highrise before? Our company will still use vallina Autocad, but I > want to broaden my knowledge in case...:-) > > Will the coodination with MEP drawing be the huge task for my up-coming > work? > > Any comments are highly welcome. > > >
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

For gosh sakes, find a rabbi. That is, someone with a lot of experience who can answer questions and advise over lunch. (You buy.) Also, get a set of drawings for a similar project and study them closely. A complete set of drawings for a large building can be upwards of 200; much too large a project for one person. You did not say whether you were also going to do trades, such as Structural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, though I rather doubt it. Normally the consultants do their own drawings. But you said "construction drawing." What does that mean? Architectural? Will you be involved in design? Will the architects understand your inexperience and assist with cad layout matters? How high is high? rs --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.771 / Virus Database: 518 - Release Date: 9/28/2004
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I'm not sure I'd want to rent any space in *that* building. -- I support two teams: the Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees. "TCEBob" wrote in message news:415dbf75_1@newsprd01... | For gosh sakes, find a rabbi. That is, someone with a lot of experience who can | answer questions and advise over lunch. (You buy.) Also, get a set of drawings | for a similar project and study them closely. A complete set of drawings for a | large building can be upwards of 200; much too large a project for one person. | You did not say whether you were also going to do trades, such as Structural, | Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, though I rather doubt it. Normally the | consultants do their own drawings. But you said "construction drawing." What | does that mean? Architectural? | | Will you be involved in design? Will the architects understand your inexperience | and assist with cad layout matters? How high is high? | | rs | | | --- | Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. | Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). | Version: 6.0.771 / Virus Database: 518 - Release Date: 9/28/2004 | |
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Cubs next year! "Matt W" wrote in message news:41615acf$1_1@newsprd01... > I'm not sure I'd want to rent any space in *that* building. > > -- > I support two teams: the Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees. > > > "TCEBob" wrote in message news:415dbf75_1@newsprd01... > | For gosh sakes, find a rabbi. That is, someone with a lot of experience > who can > | answer questions and advise over lunch. (You buy.) Also, get a set of > drawings > | for a similar project and study them closely. A complete set of drawings > for a > | large building can be upwards of 200; much too large a project for one > person. > | You did not say whether you were also going to do trades, such as > Structural, > | Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, though I rather doubt it. Normally the > | consultants do their own drawings. But you said "construction drawing." > What > | does that mean? Architectural? > | > | Will you be involved in design? Will the architects understand your > inexperience > | and assist with cad layout matters? How high is high? > | > | rs > | > | > | --- > | Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > | Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > | Version: 6.0.771 / Virus Database: 518 - Release Date: 9/28/2004 > | > | > >
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for so much response! For who have questions for my qualification, I have further info. here: I am only doing architectural drawings. I have helped in designing the typical floor layout and elevation. It was a long process since our firm was awareded this project, I am glad we finally went through all the design and permit issues, now we are in CD phase. This is a 22 story highrise residential which don't have fancy plan, core is simple and efficient. Every Bed Rm.. ,Living Rm. have windows. Some people questioned if I am going to do MEP, structure drawings. I wonder if anyone in the world can do everything of a highrise( arch. mep, structure) by himself? One person can do a single house all by himself and my colleague just did that. But not for highrise( > 72'), right? "smr" wrote in message news:415d5878_2@newsprd01... > Hi, I am going to help to do a highrise residential tower construction > drawing. Having not really into this kind of large scale CD before, I > wonder what I need to think ahead for the beginning stage? Anyone use ADT > for the highrise before? Our company will still use vallina Autocad, but I > want to broaden my knowledge in case...:-) > > Will the coodination with MEP drawing be the huge task for my up-coming > work? > > Any comments are highly welcome. > > >
Message 8 of 12
AZcoyote

Grasshoppa -
If you can do one entire floor- by yourself - then the sky is the limit on highrises (pun intended). I have 4 of the largest highrise condos in South Beach, FL under my belt.
You must be a master in the art of XREF management, have a great relationship with the entire working group and keep a dispenser of rolaids and/or xanax handy (just kidding about the rolaids). Your lack of experience will only cost you precious time, not necessarily quality - we all were newbies once. Your biggest headache will be during revisions and changes. Just say on top of EVERYTHING and keep it as simple as possible.
Good luck
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

AZcoyote: Thanks for your advice! I will pay particular attention to XREF. I noticed you have projects in FL. I wonder how the past several hurricans influence the highrise condo design in FL, especially in structure? "AZcoyote" wrote in message news:2956585.1096910589320.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Grasshoppa - > If you can do one entire floor- by yourself - then the sky is the limit on highrises (pun intended). I have 4 of the largest highrise condos in South Beach, FL under my belt. > You must be a master in the art of XREF management, have a great relationship with the entire working group and keep a dispenser of rolaids and/or xanax handy (just kidding about the rolaids). Your lack of experience will only cost you precious time, not necessarily quality - we all were newbies once. Your biggest headache will be during revisions and changes. Just say on top of EVERYTHING and keep it as simple as possible. > Good luck
Message 10 of 12
AZcoyote

I work in Scottsdale, AZ now and haven't heard much other than the insurance rates are almost quadrupled.
All of those buildings are rated at 130+mph wind resistance, the bottom floors are 'breakway" in case of a tidal surge, and the windows are made to resist the 2-5 degree bldg sway in a hurricane. The biggest concern in beachfront hi-rise is beach erosion. Here's something interesting: the roof gets leased to cellphone companies for thier antennas at outrageous amounts per sq ft, and each square foot is treated as a leased parcel. There are aerial easements. I was involved in the construction phase also which required constant monitoring of the settlement readings down to the thousandths of a foot on 150 different spots. "throwing" the vertical and horizontal control to the next floor is a project in itself. Location of buckhoists, crane radius', spoil pile locations, temp parking, const trailers - these are some of the goodies associated with hi-rise developement, and remember that the superintendent of a hi-rise is probably the best in his profession and he (or she) will demand impossible things it seems, at times but if you can skate through the year and make it work seamlessly, then your name will be well-known as one of the best. Take the extra time to line your ducks up before you go home and come in to work early. Its worth it.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I was surpriced to see the condo. buyers would like to see their roof equipped with sth like AT&T antenna. This antenna will have rough influence on people's health even the science may proove it is safe. One of a big development in chicago have constructed this problem before. NBC tower's roof have antenna, eveyone knows it. Its right side is a huge downtown precious site for condo and reatil. One developer and its architect( I constantly found this architect firm produced bad design even they are big in chicago) just ignor the radiation from the NBC tower, and designed a condo. tower right in the middle of the path of that radiation. Guess what, this real estate firm bankrupted two years ago. The terms you mentioned to me is fresh to me. If you have more time, please share with me more. "AZcoyote" wrote in message news:2457656.1096914863596.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I work in Scottsdale, AZ now and haven't heard much other than the insurance rates are almost quadrupled. > All of those buildings are rated at 130+mph wind resistance, the bottom floors are 'breakway" in case of a tidal surge, and the windows are made to resist the 2-5 degree bldg sway in a hurricane. The biggest concern in beachfront hi-rise is beach erosion. Here's something interesting: the roof gets leased to cellphone companies for thier antennas at outrageous amounts per sq ft, and each square foot is treated as a leased parcel. There are aerial easements. I was involved in the construction phase also which required constant monitoring of the settlement readings down to the thousandths of a foot on 150 different spots. "throwing" the vertical and horizontal control to the next floor is a project in itself. Location of buckhoists, crane radius', spoil pile locations, temp parking, const trailers - these are some of the goodies associated with hi-rise developement, and remember that the superintendent of a hi-rise is probably the best in his profession and he (or she) will demand impossible things it seems, at times but if you can skate through the year and make it work seamlessly, then your name will be well-known as one of the best. Take the extra time to line your ducks up before you go home and come in to work early. Its worth it.
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Sorry, I mistakenly think the wireless antenna as the TV tower antenna. The wireless antenna put in the ultrahigh highrise building is actually harmless. Its radiation is much smaller than the TV tower antenna. "smr" wrote in message news:41619ad7_2@newsprd01... > I was surpriced to see the condo. buyers would like to see their roof > equipped with sth like AT&T antenna. This antenna will have rough influence > on people's health even the science may proove it is safe. One of a big > development in chicago have constructed this problem before. NBC tower's > roof have antenna, eveyone knows it. Its right side is a huge downtown > precious site for condo and reatil. One developer and its architect( I > constantly found this architect firm produced bad design even they are big > in chicago) just ignor the radiation from the NBC tower, and designed a > condo. tower right in the middle of the path of that radiation. Guess what, > this real estate firm bankrupted two years ago. > > The terms you mentioned to me is fresh to me. If you have more time, please > share with me more. > "AZcoyote" wrote in message > news:2457656.1096914863596.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I work in Scottsdale, AZ now and haven't heard much other than the > insurance rates are almost quadrupled. > > All of those buildings are rated at 130+mph wind resistance, the bottom > floors are 'breakway" in case of a tidal surge, and the windows are made to > resist the 2-5 degree bldg sway in a hurricane. The biggest concern in > beachfront hi-rise is beach erosion. Here's something interesting: the roof > gets leased to cellphone companies for thier antennas at outrageous amounts > per sq ft, and each square foot is treated as a leased parcel. There are > aerial easements. I was involved in the construction phase also which > required constant monitoring of the settlement readings down to the > thousandths of a foot on 150 different spots. "throwing" the vertical and > horizontal control to the next floor is a project in itself. Location of > buckhoists, crane radius', spoil pile locations, temp parking, const > trailers - these are some of the goodies associated with hi-rise > developement, and remember that the superintendent of a hi-rise is probably > the best in his profession and he (or she) will demand impossible things it > seems, at times but if you can skate through the year and make it work > seamlessly, then your name will be well-known as one of the best. Take the > extra time to line your ducks up before you go home and come in to work > early. Its worth it. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report