Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't UNDO return layer state?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ckrtom2
299 Views, 1 Reply

Why doesn't UNDO return layer state?

I shut off a layer or layers and/or isolate layers, and then UNDO, but the prior layer state is not brought back. Now what has happened with AUTOCAD?--which seems to to have a mind of its own? (Autocad 2009). I never paid much attention before, but haven't had this problem until recently as far as I can tell.

Example from command line:

Layer "RFRG06" has been turned off.
Select an object on the layer to be turned off or [Settings/Undo]:
Command: u LAYOFF GROUP

It says it undid LAYOFF, but it doesn't do that as the layer is still off! Regenall does nothing either. so it's not a visibility or regen issue

PS--I verified that this is just happening in a particular drawing. How frustrating is that? I did an audit and it said there were no issues. (Yeah, right.)
Also, I am curious about what I have popping up as "bastard layers". Layer (names) which seem to create themselves with a $ sign as part of the name? Edited by: ckrtom2%20 on Jun 9, 2009 4:57 PM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: ckrtom2

mine works every time for undo.
did you test on a blank drawing with only a few fresh layers and entities?
are your settings set to freeze in current viewport?
are viewports involved at all?

ckrtom2%20 <>
|>I shut off a layer or layers and/or isolate layers, and then UNDO, but the prior layer state is not brought back. Now what has happened with AUTOCAD?--which seems to to have a mind of its own? (Autocad 2009). I never paid much attention before, but haven't had this problem until recently as far as I can tell.
|>
|>Example from command line:
|>
|>Layer "RFRG06" has been turned off.
|>Select an object on the layer to be turned off or [Settings/Undo]:
|>Command: u LAYOFF GROUP
|>
|>It says it undid LAYOFF, but it doesn't do that as the layer is still off! Regenall does nothing either. so it's not a visibility or regen issue
|>
|>PS--I verified that this is just happening in a particular drawing. How frustrating is that? I did an audit and it said there were no issues. (Yeah, right.)
|>Also, I am curious about what I have popping up as "bastard layers". Layer (names) which seem to create themselves with a $ sign as part of the name?
|>
|>Edited by: ckrtom2%20 on Jun 9, 2009 4:57 PM
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report