Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
215 Views, 8 Replies

Whats your D:E ratio?

Just curious......
I knoticed in the 'Just got a strip tore off my you know what' thread, ppl who gave numbers had more designers than engineers.
We have 4 Des to 5 Eng (was 6 but someone just left) in projects, and 2 Des to 3 Eng in R&D.
It seems backwards to me....
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Our ratio is 4 Designers to 1 engineer, with 3 Draftsman. And the 1 Engineer, me, is also the CAD manager and IT manager. No I do not own the company, but some weeks it seems like i live there.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

We have 1 Engineer to 1 Design, 6 Architectural Draftsman and 2 Structural Draftsman. "wookie" wrote in message news:26789268.1107732855120.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Just curious...... > I knoticed in the 'Just got a strip tore off my you know what' thread, ppl who gave numbers had more designers than engineers. > We have 4 Des to 5 Eng (was 6 but someone just left) in projects, and 2 Des to 3 Eng in R&D. > It seems backwards to me....
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

9 Engineers 0 Designers 0 Drafters engineers have to do it all "Chad" wrote in message news:4206fe8e_1@newsprd01... > We have 1 Engineer to 1 Design, 6 Architectural Draftsman and 2 Structural > Draftsman. > > "wookie" wrote in message > news:26789268.1107732855120.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> Just curious...... >> I knoticed in the 'Just got a strip tore off my you know what' thread, >> ppl > who gave numbers had more designers than engineers. >> We have 4 Des to 5 Eng (was 6 but someone just left) in projects, and 2 > Des to 3 Eng in R&D. >> It seems backwards to me.... > >
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Depending on the discipline could be a wide range.
Mechanical is about 4 D to 1 E
Electrical is about 1 to 1
Instrumentation is about 1 D to 2 E
Civil/Structural/Architectural is 10 D to 1 E
Bear in mind that here, a designer may have an engineering degree, many do. The title engineer is reserved for the folks with a "stamp".
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Mechanical side: 2 engineers, 2 mech designers, 1 plumbing designer, 1 FP designer, 2 drafters Electrical side: 1 engineer, 1 EIT, 1 designer and 2 drafters Matt
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Civil/Survey 6 engineers + Me. I'm Cad Manager, Survey Manager, Manage our Meteorological software, help out with computer and MS Office problems before our MIS techs get here (around a 3 day response time). I do design& drafting. We just lost our only draftsperson and am told we will not be filling that vacancy. Some of our engineers spend a lot of time managing consultant contracts. How much time depends on what projects we have going. "wookie" wrote in message news:26789268.1107732855120.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Just curious...... > I knoticed in the 'Just got a strip tore off my you know what' thread, ppl > who gave numbers had more designers than engineers. > We have 4 Des to 5 Eng (was 6 but someone just left) in projects, and 2 > Des to 3 Eng in R&D. > It seems backwards to me....
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

currently 1:1 (civil), but i would prefer about 1.5 or maybe even 2 designer/drafters per project manager engineer. most of the pme's can each juggle enough projects to keep 2 guys busy on CAD. our pme's do very little drawing on their own. they stay busy enough dealing with clients/locals/agencies/country clubs/etc..... "wookie" wrote in message news:26789268.1107732855120.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Just curious...... > I knoticed in the 'Just got a strip tore off my you know what' thread, ppl > who gave numbers had more designers than engineers. > We have 4 Des to 5 Eng (was 6 but someone just left) in projects, and 2 > Des to 3 Eng in R&D. > It seems backwards to me....
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

four engineers to one cadd tech designer, it was the reverse 8 years ago "wookie" wrote in message news:26789268.1107732855120.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Just curious...... > I knoticed in the 'Just got a strip tore off my you know what' thread, ppl > who gave numbers had more designers than engineers. > We have 4 Des to 5 Eng (was 6 but someone just left) in projects, and 2 > Des to 3 Eng in R&D. > It seems backwards to me....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report