Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading LT 5 User Licence to 5 Individual Licences?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DarrenBarton
514 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrading LT 5 User Licence to 5 Individual Licences?

A while back we upgraded some of our single user LT licences to a 5~user licence. The time has come to upgrade again and its now cheaper to upgrade 5 single licences than it is a 5~user licence.

One seller has told us its ok to upgrade a 5 seat licence back to 5 individual licences and another has said its not allowed.

can someone help clarify if this is possible?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: DarrenBarton

Are you going through an Authorized local Autodesk reseller (not a website)? AFAIK the conversion is possible but requires direct communications with Autodesk, something retail websites and stores cannot do.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenBarton
in reply to: pendean

We generally buy our LT upgrades from online. I know at least one of the resellers we received a quote from was an Authorised Autodesk reseller because they were listed when I searched for a reseller here on the Autodesk website. But when we spoke to them they didnt think it was possible to switch.

Do you know the best way to contact Autodesk direct? When I select my region (UK) I lose the option to buy online from Autodesk and the only phone number I have found is their head office main number for the UK. I will start there in the morning when they re-open if you dont have a better suggestion.

Thanks 

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: DarrenBarton

You need to talk to a land-based Autodesk (aka full AutoCAD/Revit/Inventor etc) reseller: your request goes beyond online retail shops IMHO. Retail shops don't get that involved in licensing, their margins are too low (hence the better price).

Customer Service costs someone (usually the buyer) money, you get what you pay for when you get in a jam and need real help: don't give your money to someone that in a licensing jam will only ask you to contact Autodesk for a resolution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report