Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Manufacturing CAD and IT Manager Resource is LIVE

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jeanie.wayker
4479 Views, 6 Replies

The Manufacturing CAD and IT Manager Resource is LIVE

The goal of the CAD Manager and IT Manager Resource is to build a robust and vibrant community sharing site for Inventor, Product Design Suite and Factory Design Suite CAD and IT Managers.

The CAD Manager and IT Manager Resource provides links to get you to the information you need for installing, licensing and deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.

Jeanie Wayker

Autodesk

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
smoore0508
in reply to: jeanie.wayker

I purchased Auto Cad LT and installed it on a Physical Desktop for my cad dept. That desktop crashed three days later due to hard drive failure. I need to install this version on another PC so I can use it?? How do I do that?

Message 3 of 7

I would like to know how long is the AutoCad Inventor free trial? I want to use it to made 3D modeling for a 3D printer. Would I still be able to make the needed STL files with the free trial? What free trial do I need? And, would I even be able to print it while using the 'free trial' verison?   

Message 4 of 7

As far as I know, all Autodesk trial software is fully functioning for 30 days. 

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 7

Provided that you don't re-install the trial software, modify core hardware, or otherwise change the system.  That will reset the trial system to read as expired.  I've seen more than a few posters try to re-install software when they have a problem only to find that the trial period is expired.  One of the many reasons why re-installing is *waaaay* down my own list of potential fixes.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
johnnynoyb
in reply to: jeanie.wayker

PROBLEM:
I can not install Fusion 360.
I downloaded the Fusion 360 Install Executable and double-clicked it to start the install.
But...
An install window appears and then a few seconds later it disappears.
I checked the Install Log: C:\Users\paul2\AppData\Local\Autodesk\autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log
but at the bottom of the log, it states: "package installation complete"
I have a cas open (Case#: 12733530) but no one replies.
How do I get a person to call me so I can install Fusion 360 on my Windows 7 system?

Here is my computer information:
Start -> Search Box: msinfo32 ->
OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version : 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type : x64-based PC
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date : LENOVO G4ET98WW (2.58), Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

Message 7 of 7
rtowne72
in reply to: johnnynoyb

It is possible that if you are on a domain a group policy may be blocking the install.  To work around that install winRAR or 7-Zip and extract the exe to a directory.  Inside that directory right click on streamer.exe and choose run as administrator.

Also Verify no A/V is running.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Rob Towne
Sr. Engineer/CAD Manager | A.L.P.
Inventor/Vault Professional/AutoCAD
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report