Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some basic CAD Standards questions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pedderd
1131 Views, 2 Replies

Some basic CAD Standards questions

Can I please ask for some advice ?

I am tasked with setting up CAD Standards for a business of up to 20 AutoCAD users. I have set up standards previously in 3 different companies, and my own opinions on how certain best practices should be followed - suiting our sector (architecture).

Now, my biggest question is whether I should utilise the CAD Standards functionality in AutoCAD, or whether I just control with the written procedures and tool palettes. There appears to be many resources out there for CAD standards, but I would appreciate a good start point for this is someone has one ?

It would be useful to check compliance automatically on users work, but I see no reason to create a big brother is watching you mentality. But clearly we do want to be producing drawing information that is consistant within the company.

Can anyone please give me some pointers here ? I am happy to spend time reading up, if I get a recommended start point.

Many thanks all.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: pedderd

Use AutoCAD's built-in functionalities, and use AutoCAD Templates to set accurate go-by files for all users: at some point a user needs to pre-check compliance of their files before passing them up for review IMHO.

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: pedderd

Doesn't matter what path you take, just make it easier for the users to do it right in the first place.  If its easier to do it wrong they generally will.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report