Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
795 Views, 2 Replies

Shared Tool palette!

Firstly Hello to all, I am a new member although a long standing Autocad user.

I have been employed to set up standards, templates, tool palettes etc for a small group of users approximately 8. I have set up tool palettes locally, saved them into a network drive and adjusted everyones path to see this folder and it all works fantastically, However my big issue is that if i were to delete a tool palette that I have created and put into the shared network folder it keeps coming back on everyones pc's! I have been into the network folder and removed it but as soon as i exit or anyone else and then re-open it re-appears on the tool palette. It is most annoying. Can anyone please please suggest anything?

Spoiler

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mistress0fTheDorkness
in reply to: Anonymous

This might help:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?145805-Eureka-guide-for-sharing-AutoCAD-tool-palettes

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your reply, I had a look at the link at it seems although I had done the shared network thing all correctly and re-routed everyones path, I had not copied across the little file that goes with the palettes, so although on my palettes the one in question had been deleted, all the other users systems were looking at the old file .act ( I think) which still included the deleted palette.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report