Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfigure Standalone installation to Network

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
peter.bellqvist
567 Views, 4 Replies

Reconfigure Standalone installation to Network

I have installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 Standalone - Locked version on one client pc. I now want to change this installation to Network version instead.

I have uninstalled the Standalone version and then installed the Network version but the system recognize the installation as Standalone anyway.

I have created the LICPATH.LIC with the proper license server name.

How can I change this to be a Network version?

In previous versions of AutoCAD I know you could change this in the registry?

Thanks

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The registry switch no longer works.  You need to uninstall the application completely and reinstall as network version.  During installation, choose network and point to the NLM server. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

I have uninstalled the application and reinstalled as network version but still it is asking for standalone license registration.

For uninstallation I have used Remove Programs under Control Panel.

How do I uninstall the application completely?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: peter.bellqvist

Remove all the ADSK folders on the machine in all locations (including the useres), then edit your regestry to remove all pointers to adsk products.

Reid

Message 5 of 5

Right, delete the entire folder under:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk

Also delete the registry keys under HKLM/Software/Autodesk and HKCU/Software/Autodesk.

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report