CAD Managers

*F. Gump
Message 1 of 9 (1,260 Views)

National Cad Standard CTB?

1260 Views, 8 Replies
11-16-2004 08:53 AM
We are thinking about converting to some sort of National cad standard. Which one are you using? Do you follow the NCS? Or the AEC cad standard? Or your own office standard? Someone sent me the "NCSv2 Standard.ctb" file, but is there also one for the AEC standard? I have seen documentation that indicates the AEC being slightly different (esp in the grayscales) but I don't have the ctb file. I'm trying to figure out which is the most popular "standard" and get the CTB files for them.
*Paul S
Message 2 of 9 (1,260 Views)

Re: National Cad Standard CTB?

11-17-2004 04:59 AM in reply to: *F. Gump
Our customized office standards fall within the NCS Guidelines. So, we are NCS compliant, if you can use that word here, and we are also uniquely 'us'. "F. Gump" wrote in message news:419a2fa6_1@newsprd01... > We are thinking about converting to some sort of National cad standard. > Which one are you using? Do you follow the NCS? Or the AEC cad standard? > Or > your own office standard? > > Someone sent me the "NCSv2 Standard.ctb" file, but is there also one for > the > AEC standard? I have seen documentation that indicates the AEC being > slightly different (esp in the grayscales) but I don't have the ctb file. > > I'm trying to figure out which is the most popular "standard" and get the > CTB files for them. > > >
Jeremy Koch
Message 3 of 9 (1,260 Views)

11-18-2004 07:46 AM in reply to: *F. Gump
We have been in the process of implementing the AEC CADD Standard for approximately one year now. I would recommend this standard as it is somewhat flexible, it has good support from the CADD/GIS Technology Center, and it brings together all of the disciplines very well such that any size and type of project can be designed. The standard and all of the necessary support files are available at: https://tsc.wes.army.mil/products/standards/aec/aecstdweb.asp

Another benefit of this standard is it is compatible with both major CAD plat forms (i.e. AutoCAD and that other one that Autodesk won't let you mention in these discussion groups). If you have the money you could also purchase NetSpex which has the AEC CADD Standard already built in.
*F. Gump
Message 4 of 9 (1,260 Views)

11-18-2004 08:51 AM in reply to: *F. Gump
Did you create your own CTB file, or is there an officially published aec standard somewhere? Can you post what you have? Thanks "Jeremy Koch" wrote in message news:5327594.1100792798231.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We have been in the process of implementing the AEC CADD Standard for approximately one year now. I would recommend this standard as it is somewhat flexible, it has good support from the CADD/GIS Technology Center, and it brings together all of the disciplines very well such that any size and type of project can be designed. The standard and all of the necessary support files are available at: https://tsc.wes.army.mil/products/standards/aec/aecstdweb.asp > > Another benefit of this standard is it is compatible with both major CAD plat forms (i.e. AutoCAD and that other one that Autodesk won't let you mention in these discussion groups). If you have the money you could also purchase NetSpex which has the AEC CADD Standard already built in.
*Daniel J. Altamura, R.A.
Message 5 of 9 (1,260 Views)

11-18-2004 10:50 AM in reply to: *F. Gump
Is this what you are looking for? https://tsc.wes.army.mil/products/standards/aec/2_0_std/aec_cadd/2_0_Symbols/ACADSym/AECSTD_ACADPLT20040908.zip -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer -------------------------------------------------------------------- "F. Gump" wrote in message news:419cd28c$1_1@newsprd01... > Did you create your own CTB file, or is there an officially published aec > standard somewhere? > Can you post what you have? > Thanks
*F. Gump
Message 6 of 9 (1,260 Views)

11-18-2004 02:25 PM in reply to: *F. Gump
Thanks, but unfortunately, the lineweights listed for those pens 1 thru 8 do not match the national cad standard. I was under the impression that since the AEC is a "National Cad Standard compliant" standard it should match. :smileysad: "Daniel J. Altamura, R.A." wrote in message news:419ceefb_2@newsprd01... > Is this what you are looking for? > > https://tsc.wes.army.mil/products/standards/aec/2_0_std/aec_cadd/2_0_Symbols/ACADSym/AECSTD_ACADPLT20040908.zip > > -- > Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. > Altamura Architectural Consulting > and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer > -------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > "F. Gump" wrote in message > news:419cd28c$1_1@newsprd01... > > Did you create your own CTB file, or is there an officially published aec > > standard somewhere? > > Can you post what you have? > > Thanks > >
Jeremy Koch
Message 7 of 9 (1,260 Views)

12-17-2004 01:05 PM in reply to: *F. Gump
You guys aren't very good with Google I guess. Here is the link to the A/E/C CADD ctb files (aecstdbandw.ctb & aecstdcolor.ctb). I recommend using object lineweight instead of lineweight by color.

Go to:

https://tsc.wes.army.mil/products/standards/aec/2_0_std/aec_cadd/2_0_Symbols/ACADSym/AECSTD_ACADPLT20040908.zip
*Daniel J. Altamura, R.A.
Message 8 of 9 (1,260 Views)

12-20-2004 03:06 AM in reply to: *F. Gump
Speak for yourself. That is the same link I posted a month ago. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer -------------------------------------------------------------------- "Jeremy Koch" wrote in message news:33493633.1103317562261.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > You guys aren't very good with Google I guess. Here is the link to the > A/E/C CADD ctb files (aecstdbandw.ctb & aecstdcolor.ctb). I recommend > using object lineweight instead of lineweight by color. > > Go to: > > https://tsc.wes.army.mil/products/standards/aec/2_0_std/aec_cadd/2_0_Symbols/ACADSym/AECSTD_ACADPLT20040908.zip
*F. Gump
Message 9 of 9 (1,260 Views)

12-20-2004 09:27 AM in reply to: *F. Gump
Please read all previous posts. The fact is we already located those CTBs, but since there is a conflict with pens 1-8 and the NCS I was wondering if there was another one floating around that matched the NCS. "Jeremy Koch" wrote in message news:33493633.1103317562261.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > You guys aren't very good with Google I guess. Here is the link to the A/E/C CADD ctb files (aecstdbandw.ctb & aecstdcolor.ctb). I recommend using object lineweight instead of lineweight by color. > > Go to: > > https://tsc.wes.army.mil/products/standards/aec/2_0_std/aec_cadd/2_0_Symbols/ACADSym/AECSTD_ACADPLT20040908.zip

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube