Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Standards, single buttons

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Shinyhead
204 Views, 0 Replies

Multiple Standards, single buttons

Hey folks,
I had posted a general question about working around multiple cad standards, now I have some more specific queries I would like to ask.

I am working with about a dozen different standards that my drafters should be able to shift between as seemlessly as possible. The workstations are LT and thus lisp is not an option.

What I am working on now, and have developed regarding dimensions, we have just about every conceivable dimensioning strategy and what I came up with is the following. Each type of dim tool (linear, angular, etc) has a custom button on a palette, about 5 buttons. When you hit the tool, it is a macro that determines the client (via a user variable in the drawing) and the current dimscale. This is passed to a script command with diesel that tells autocad torun script diml_x_y.scr, where x=the client id and y=the dimscale. The script is written to put the user on the correct dim layer for that client, and the correct dimstyle for that dim.

What I would like to know is can you come up with a more elegant way of doing this, it works great, but I have HUNDREDS of scripts I am having to write to do this. They are not hard, but it makes it complex. The first part error checks the user to make sure they are not in paperspace before setting everything.

Here is a typical marcro
^C^C$m=$(if,$(=,$(getvar,cvport),1),TEXT;$(getvar,VIEWCTR);;0;WE DONT DIMENSION IN PAPERSPACE;DDEDIT;LAST;;ERASE;LAST;,_SCRIPT;DIMAL_$M=$(GETVAR,USERI5)_$(GETVAR,DIMSCALE))

A typical script (say DIMAL_1_12.scr)
-LAYER
S
DIMS

_DIMANGULAR

Thanks,
Chris
-General CAD Monkey
-Part Time CAD Instructor
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report